What's new

Recommend unscented shave cream and after shave

Can anyone recommend a good unscented shave cream or soap and aftershave?

I would like to have some on hand for when I want to use my favorite cologne and not mix the scents.

Nivea Sensitive Aftershave balm is uncented. You might look online for various shaving soaps with no scent. MWF is my favorite and even though it is scented, it is VERY light. No problem wth my cologne.

Proraso has a slightly mentholated scent, but it's not really strong at all, and doesn't linger after you rinse.

Van Der Hagen Shave Soap has no scent at all.

Nivea Sensitive After Shave Balm has no scent as well.

Last edited:
AoS makes an unscented tallow soap that is quite good. I prefer MWF. MWF has a very slight fragrance, but is more soapy and clean smelling than anything. It doesn't linger and MWF is far more cost effective than AoS.

For an unscented AS, use witch hazel. The scent disappears when it dries.

Are you sure about that? I use Nivea Sensitive every day and it definitely has some scent.

As for unscented creams, Kiss My Face is an excellent cream and comes in an unscented variety (you can get it at health food stores/Whole Foods, and often at a regular drug store or grocery store in the natural/organic section).

Jampods1,

+1 on the AOS; you could also try Taylors (Of Old Bond Street) Avocado - it is also a very fine cream :001_smile

Have fun !

Best regards

Russ

Proraso has a slightly mentholated scent, but it's not really strong at all, and doesn't linger after you rinse.

Van Der Hagen Shave Soap has no scent at all.

at first i thought my vdh deluxe had little scent, bt i latter realized it was more than i wanted. Classicshaving.com has unscented shave pucks for like $5.

I've used the AoS unscented cream and AS balm and really like them both, great for sensitive skin. I think the unscented cream works better than their scented for my skin.

Are you sure about that? I use Nivea Sensitive every day and it definitely has some scent.

As for unscented creams, Kiss My Face is an excellent cream and comes in an unscented variety (you can get it at health food stores/Whole Foods, and often at a regular drug store or grocery store in the natural/organic section).

Gave it another sniff and yeah, your right. Nivea SASB has a very, very mild scent to my nose, but it's there.

at first i thought my vdh deluxe had little scent, bt i latter realized it was more than i wanted. Classicshaving.com has unscented shave pucks for like $5.

I should try that (classic shaving unscented puck).

VDH Deluxe has a bit of a soapy scent, not completely scent free I guess.

+1 on the Kiss My Face unscented - can be used straight up, or will make a nice lather with a brush. For the unscented AS, if you have a Japanese market nearby check out Lucido - unscented with menthol and glycerine!

Dave

proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom