What's new

In praise of ALL ViJon Aftershaves

I would like to tip my hat to ALL the store brand aftershaves made by ViJon Labs.

Ivory Club Spice Better than current OS in my opinion

ViJon Brut Clone As good if not a little better than Brut

ViJon AV Clone Great stuff! A little more "berryish" than AV but close

Barbasol Brisk Great Skin Bracer scent and VERY strong

Barbasol Pacific Haven't tried this yet but about to do so. Smells great in the bottle.

Are there any ViJon aftershaves I didn't list?

Wp

I would like to tip my hat to ALL the store brand aftershaves made by ViJon Labs.

Ivory Club Spice Better than current OS in my opinion

ViJon Brut Clone As good if not a little better than Brut

ViJon AV Clone Great stuff! A little more "berryish" than AV but close

Barbasol Brisk Great Skin Bracer scent and VERY strong

Barbasol Pacific Haven't tried this yet but about to do so. Smells great in the bottle.

Are there any ViJon aftershaves I didn't list?

Wp

I think you got them all, Slim, and I agree with your assessments. Vi-Jon products are an amazing value, and as you said their whole range has MUCH more quality than their price tags would lead you to believe.:thumbup1:

If I had the cash to invest in this company, I'd do it in a heartbeat. They're doing a great job and they're running under the radar.

I know we're in the aftershave forum, but don't forget to try some of their other products too. I've got their Listerine clone, their Head & Shoulders clone, and their Softsoap (the big refill bottle of liquid hand soap) clone.

All were about a third the price of the big name brand equivalents. You can find all of the above at WalMart I believe.

Have you tried the Vi-John body wash? I bought mine at Wal-Mart. It's about $3.00 for a 28 ounce bottle with a pump dispenser. My wife likes it.:thumbup:
Which means I like it. You get more for less money than you do with the name brand body washes. It smells better than the various OS body washes, IMO.
It smelled a little weak in the bottle. I liked that it wasn't as strong smelling. I'm not looking to kill roaches with it.
It smells stronger on you than it does in the bottle. Not overly strong. Pleasant scent. Blue colored gel.
It's called Alpine Xtreme. The website shows a red one called Volcanic Rush scent. Haven't tried that one.

I also have 3 bottles of their OS clone from Family Dollar. It was $1.60 per bottle. I couldn't pass up that deal. I'm all set for cold weather AS.

Have you tried the Vi-John body wash? I bought mine at Wal-Mart. It's about $3.00 for a 28 ounce bottle with a pump dispenser. My wife likes it.:thumbup:
Which means I like it. You get more for less money than you do with the name brand body washes. It smells better than the various OS body washes, IMO.
It smelled a little weak in the bottle. I liked that it wasn't as strong smelling. I'm not looking to kill roaches with it.
It smells stronger on you than it does in the bottle. Not overly strong. Pleasant scent. Blue colored gel.
It's called Alpine Xtreme. The website shows a red one called Volcanic Rush scent. Haven't tried that one.

I also have 3 bottles of their OS clone from Family Dollar. It was $1.60 per bottle. I couldn't pass up that deal. I'm all set for cold weather AS.

haven't tried the body wash, but I'll be on the look out next time I'm at WalMart. I've been using Dial body wash, 24 oz for $4 at Dollar General.

Tried their Pacific Rush !!
LOVED it :thumbup: Great smell and LOTS of menthol sting!

I decanted it into an old AV bottle with the label missing....I know it isn't an AV Clone but it IS blue and I like glass better than plastic.
I will be stockpiling on this stuff also!
Wp

I think you got them all, Slim, and I agree with your assessments. Vi-Jon products are an amazing value, and as you said their whole range has MUCH more quality than their price tags would lead you to believe.:thumbup1:

If I had the cash to invest in this company, I'd do it in a heartbeat. They're doing a great job and they're running under the radar.

Isn't there a musk?

Shhhhhhhhhh guys. You want them to raise the price? :lol:

Seriously, I wish they would make a cologne version of the Ivy Club. Something that would really last. They would have a real winner in that I think.

They had the Volcanic Rush at the local Walmart, $3 also. Nice scent, HUGE bottle, best deal in body wash :thumbup1:

well, i tried men's choice brisk for the first time today, not bad, not much of a sting or staying power, but i'll work it into my summer AS rotation anyway.

have ya'll tried any of the knockoff EDT at walgreen's? i tried their cool water knockoff, talk about staying power! the scent lingered a good four hours and change! they go for 6.99, i might pick up a bottle next weekend, happy shaving, ya'll:thumbup1:

Barbasol Musk.. was discontinued. I remember seeing a Flag & Sail Musk years ago, also by ViJon. Not sure if that is available anymore either.. looks like AV Musk is our best option these days..

Thanks! I was thinking I remembered seeing the Barbasol Musk sometime last year, but then i stopped seeing. I thought maybe they just stopped selling it in this area.

Vijon makes Skin Bracer too (I guess Colgate-Palmolive outsources to them):

http://www.vijon.com/msds.aspx?id=10

To me Skin Bracer, Vijon Brisk (under various drugstore generic brands) and Barbasol Brisk are all about the same. Others with a finer sense of smell seem to think otherwise.

I saw their Musk under the generic Equaline brand at a Savemart store.

Vijon makes Skin Bracer too (I guess Colgate-Palmolive outsources to them):

To me Skin Bracer, Vijon Brisk (under various drugstore generic brands) and Barbasol Brisk are all about the same.

That is hilarious, they make the actual product, and the clone of the product as well. It's like they are competing with themselves!! :lol::lol:

I have not tried actual Skin Bracer, but do love the Barbasol Brisk. :tongue_sm

Top Bottom