What's new

Gillette Super Thin

I was wondering if someone can tell me more about this blade. Already posted on twitter but only info I got is that comes from Singapore and shaves ok.

More detail needed if possible.

Dark

Vietnamese Super Thins.
Pretty much the same as the Thai Super Thins in my opinion. GREAT blade and I have gotten up to ten shaves with one.

I give them thumbs waaay up :thumbup1:

Are U thinking of carrying them? If so count me IN.
Wp

I have not tried these but have tried the Thai ones and they are my go to blade. Unfortunately all of the vendors seem to be out of stock (I got the last 80 from Dr. Idiot) and nobody knows when they'll be back in stock.

P

pedro083

I know there is a vendor on ebay selling these blades. i ordered a 100 and got 50 thai and 50 vietnam so no guarentee of what ones you get but good pice.

Not overly sharp but long lasting. Ideal when you want a comfortable long-lasting blade that delivers a decent shave. Just in the middle when you want it to be very close.

I have not tried these but have tried the Thai ones and they are my go to blade. Unfortunately all of the vendors seem to be out of stock (I got the last 80 from Dr. Idiot) and nobody knows when they'll be back in stock.

I got 200 of them from dridiot and 300 from another vendor....Guess I helped drain the market :huh: Hope they come back soon!
Wp

Wow! Super Thins have EXPLODED on ebay! They are all over the place now :thumbup1:

I advise all members to wait until iamdarkangel has them listed in the next few days and then buy all U can afford of them. Wonderful blade! Among Gillette's finest in my opinion.
Wp

Wow! Super Thins have EXPLODED on ebay! They are all over the place now :thumbup1:

I advise all members to wait until iamdarkangel has them listed in the next few days and then buy all U can afford of them. Wonderful blade! Among Gillette's finest in my opinion.
Wp

Slim, haven't you tried both the regular Super Thins and the platinums? How do they compare?

I don't get it. What makes them special?
-- Chet

They have the vintage "Known the World Over" logo on them! :tongue_sm

Actually, they seem to be a really good but not overly popular blade.

I have tried both regular and platinum Super Thins and can tell little difference in them...they BOTH are so good it is unbelievable.

What's so good about 'em? As Big L said they have the old Known The World Over Logo AND a picture of King C. Gillette on the package and I also managed to get 13 shaves out of one blade when I gave them the long-test. I normally just use any blade 7 times but these will go longer for me if I need them to.
Excellent sharp blade and very smooth.
I will say Gillette Super Thins are among the finest blades manufactured today and I don't understand why more people haven't tried them. I just put a fresh on in my Old Type and Im already lookin forward to my next shave :thumbup:
Wp

The Thai version are made in China and it is most likely the Viatnamese ones are too. Both seem very similar and work equally well for me.

Although I have far too many blades already, your recommendation has peaked my interest. I think I'll order some.

I don't believe U would regret it.

They fellow in Saigon who is selling on ebay has pretty good prices but I believe Dark will have even better prices and of course faster shipping.
Wp

I don't believe U would regret it.

They fellow in Saigon who is selling on ebay has pretty good prices but I believe Dark will have even better prices and of course faster shipping.
Wp

Way to put him on the spot! :lol:

I would be willing to pay a little more for short domestic shipping than wait two weeks or more for shipping from overseas.

Way to put him on the spot! :lol:

I would be willing to pay a little more for short domestic shipping than wait two weeks or more for shipping from overseas.
I can wait a while before ordering. Dark has been a good source of razors and is a regular here on the B&B.

Top Bottom