What's new

whippeddog.com

Cant say enough about this vendor. I bought one straight from him and had him sharpen another. The day my razor got to him he must have honed it that day cause he shipped it on the next mailing day. Larry was a pleasure to deal with, he answered all my questions and even said to call him if I had more. Larry I will definitely recommend you to anyone that wants to try a straight. Ohh and great job on my Wapi shaved with it today.

+1 I just got a straight from Larry. I've used it for two shaves so far, but they have been excellent shaves. I want to go get a set of custom scales made, I loved the shaves that much.

Even when i had a hiccup with Customs with one of my blades i purchased from Larry, Larry is very fair and very quick for an international vendor. Highly recommended! :thumbup1:

Despite his outstanding response time, and impeccible customer service... Despite my "I'm not going to get a straight until I've got my DE down"... Despite all my resolve...

I've got one of his straights in my room waiting to be used. He's an A plus guy, and one of the better web shopping experiences I've ever had.

Larry truly is a stand up guy. Straight Shaving doesn't have to be expensive, and it's great to have a gentlemen who is serving the needs of the budget minded. :thumbup1:

The $4 Junk Pile razor arrived and I quickly decided to regrind it. Sadly I was too cheap to replace my belt, it crimped at full speed and ground a gap in the dead center of the edge. So I stole the scales to stick on my extra long (5.5" steel) Joseph Rodgers that I had been having trouble finding a set of scales that would fit.

The razor that angered you met a fitting (and horrible) end. You can rest easy knowing that it suffered greatly at my hands.

Best guy, Have bought a straight from him, had him hone another and he also lapped a hone for me... great price, great service and always willing to answer questions in full detail

A real guy committed to helping people out and has a passion for the hobby

Dittos here too. The first straight I got from him was damaged in shipping...not his fault. he sent me another one with no questions asked. I've since sent him a few to hone and he puts an EXCELLENT edge on his blades. I also got his "poor man's strop" for touch ups and have been very happy with that.

Buy stuff from Larry.

Goog

If I can talk Larry into finding me a round point I'll buy one. The original I got from him has a great edge despite my not having got a strop to sharpen it with. If you're reading this Larry, I'll be sending you an order soon. :thumbup:

Woodturner... I try to keep around 15 razors on hand, and normally wouldn't bid on more for another week or two. However, I will peruse the straights on Ebay and find a nice, but affordable round tip and buy it. I will contact you first and you can have first dibs. If you don't want it, just tell me you will pass on the razor, and I will sell to someone else. Sound OK?

Last edited:
Just wanted to put in another positive experience with Larry. Bought a razor and strop from him just last week. It arrived in quick fashion and is a fine looking razor. So much so I ordered another just yesterday so as to have one shave ready when I have to send the first one back to Larry for honing.

Great guy to deal with. A true ambassador to the world of str8s. :thumbup1:

Parry was patient with me and got me going on the right track. I recommend anyone who wants to try a straight call Larry.Thank you Larry.

Top Bottom