What's new

Howdy!

Hey Everyone.

I've been threadlurking here for a while now. Reading up on how-to's and gathering options.

Figured it was about time I sign up :) I went years shaving my head with an electric razor and finally decided it was a pain to carry around for travel purposes and started going with a Bic. Worked nice and is easy to travel with if you use a brush and soap to make your lather. I have lately been looking into getting into a straight razor or DE as I find I clog up a bic or gilette with every shave.

Anyhoo just wanted to let you all know this is a great site and I've been learning tons :) Now I just need to get a DE or shavette to start with...

Thanks all for the welcomes :) And yes, I shave my head. Manual razors I have found to be quicker than hauling out the Wahl razor and an extension cord.

Just put my order through at Fendrihan and i'm excited. Got a cheap DE and shavette so i can find A) what suits me best and B) how to achieve the shave I want.

Next steps down the road are to surf the BST and find a better quality DE/Straight Razor. Thanks again everyone! Love the information available here.

Welcome to B&B! I encourage you to visit your local junk and antique stores to hunt for vintage razors and gear. There's still a lot of it out in the wild and there are still bargains to be had.

Thanks all for the welcomes :) And yes, I shave my head. Manual razors I have found to be quicker than hauling out the Wahl razor and an extension cord.

Next steps down the road are to surf the BST and find a better quality DE/Straight Razor. Thanks again everyone! Love the information available here.

Welcome. At my age and with loss of hair, I may be soon shaving my head also. :blush:

Top Bottom