What's new

15 Shaves - One Single Edge Blade

I retired a Single Edge Blade on Sunday after it faithfully gave me 15 great shaves in an Open Comb MicroMatic.

This is a record, for me, for SE blades, and it was the GEM PTFE coated blade, commonly referred to here as the Ted Pella blade.

What's the max number of shaves you gents have gotten?

Haven't ever attempted to go beyond 7 shaves with a single edge blade. I have some Pellas and just might give one a go for the long haul.

That's outstanding Performance from a very good blade. Did you do anything special to try to preserve it, like drying, stropping or dipping in alcohol?

Very cool! I can't use one razor more than 6 or 7 shaves in a row, and I have a crazy OCD thing about swapping the blade into another razor, so I'll likely never get that many shaves from a single blade... but I'm sure I could. Shave 7 feels just as nice as shave 2:thumbup1:

Guess it's a placebo effect for me, i'll try on the next stainless blade NOT to palm strop. It's kind of a habit now... :001_rolle

I have made at least 7 shaves on a PAL blade, I'm sure the stropping made that possible

Palm strop or no, 7 shaves on a PAL is GREAT! I can't get more than 4 or 5, tops. Even with my Auto Strop and it's original leather strop.

The only time I've used an SE for a number of days straight, I got 6 shaves and then I switched to a DE and I threw the blade away. I could have got another shave or two out of it without too many problems.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I've been able to get more than 15 shaves out of a Pella injector blade many times. They just never seem to want to quit.

Top Bottom