What's new

The $4.49 British Aristocrat No. 15 has arrived.

Some may remember the $4.49 British Aristocrat #15 I snagged from eBay discussed in this thread:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=148835

I didn't want to believe it might be real until I had it in my hands, because it seemed too good to be true. Well, the razor is here! I can't wait to shave with it. It's truly a beautiful piece of workmanship. It's a little brassy in some spots, especially between the teeth of the comb. But trust me, I'm not complaining.

The interior of the case looks like it was in a flood (or The Flood, for that matter), so it will remain hidden. I wish I had any knowledge whatsoever about restoring the interior of cases.

Eye candy?

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Beautiful! I think many of these #15s are a little squeaky when opening, even minty ones. Thinking about dropping a little mineral oil into mine. A great shaver to be sure, enjoy. I love happy endings...

I'm glad to hear that it at least open and closes without much difficulty. It is still one of the better, if not the best, steals that I've ever seen on eBay.

I'm glad to hear that it at least open and closes without much difficulty. It is still one of the better, if not the best, steals that I've ever seen on eBay.

Likely best ever (unless you want to include those apocryphal double rings buried in lots of autostrops, gems, and techs).

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!!!
One of the best snags I've ever heard of in my life - those regularly go for $250+

Way to freakin' go, man. You're an inspiration to us all!

Hello, my name Phil from the d-bay police, and I will be arriving soon to confiscate the stolen goods.:gunsmilie:

PS. very nice catch. :thumbup1:

Last edited:
Top Bottom