What's new

Blade exposure issues

Hi all,
I recently bought a Mergress XL. I've tried shaving with it a few times but the blade gap is very different from one side to the other. It's almost like it has a mild and an aggressive side. I've tried all different ways to get it to be even as well as different blades, which all end up the same way. did I get a defective one? or is there a fix for this?
thanks,

Shawn

Sounds to me like a defect and one that could potentially be dangerous. I'd suggest you contact the vendor where you purchased the razor and ask to have a new one sent to you.

... the blade gap is very different from one side to the other. ...

That just can't be right. I'd contact the vendor immediately asking for their instructions on how you should return it.

Let us know what kind of customer service follow-up you receive.

(BTW ... did you take a close look at the blade, and replace the blade with one from a different pack, to make sure it is not in fact a mis-cut blade?)

Good luck.

I believe this to be a defect in the razor, and not assembly. I've broken mine down and put it back together, and can't get the blade gap to go awry. Replacement is in order.

That just can't be right. I'd contact the vendor immediately asking for their instructions on how you should return it.

Let us know what kind of customer service follow-up you receive.

(BTW ... did you take a close look at the blade, and replace the blade with one from a different pack, to make sure it is not in fact a mis-cut blade?)

Good luck.

Yes, I even tried a few different brands of blades. I'll email the vendor I got it from and see what he says. Sad part is I don't have the box anymore (it was just a regular progress box though)

Shawn

Yes, I even tried a few different brands of blades. I'll email the vendor I got it from and see what he says. Sad part is I don't have the box anymore (it was just a regular progress box though)

Shawn

You have probably already tried this, but I'll ask anyway. Did you line up the arrow on the bottom plate and notch on the top plate?

You have probably already tried this, but I'll ask anyway. Did you line up the arrow on the bottom plate and notch on the top plate?

Sure did! I emailed the vendor, It will go in the mail tomorrow to see if it needs repair or replacement. Hopefully it is no big deal.

Shawn

Top Bottom