What's new

Penhaligons

So after a long phone call with penhaligons about a faulty product and as a gesture of good will.
I now have two soaps in bowls one old and new unopened one and one sample eau de toilette a orange blossom and one eau de cologne which is classic citrus with powder orange and rosemary, And judging by my old soap I will be very well adapt in shaving by the time I have to buy anymore shaving soap.

I have taken a photo of the box as I know someone was after the ingredients for the blenheim bouquet if you need a close up I will be happy to help

Soap in the bowl, only after 7 weeks the lid warped and the soap cracked but the replacement has been great, Will buy more when I need to as really like the way it feels and the sent

probobly old stock or misstreated when stored/shipped, im glad to see penhaligons took care of it and the new soap is great,

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Its funny. I asked Penhaligons for the Anthology set of samples includeing the Eau de cologne, and thats the only one they didnt send me..

What wrong with new soap? I get a really nice thick lather with ease that stick to my face like glue and smells really fresh?

I am glad it worked out fine for you. I did not expect anything else, to be frank. Enjoy it to the max, now, with faith in Penhaligon's resurrected.

Ok thanks I was worried about the soap as I think i will be a old man before I get to use this going by how little wear my other soap has and I was worried about storing it.
Thanks Michael

Interesting to hear you get good results with the new formula Pen soap, others on the B&B give the new formula a hard time. I really like my Pen BB cologne and AS and have been wanting to buy the soap for some time but have been put off by the bad reviews. I may now rethink this....

I am new to this, But I soak my brush in hot water, Shake the excess off then work the brush around the top of soap for about 30 seconds.
Then move over to my lather bowl (cereal bowl) then start to work a lather adding little drops of warm water every 20 seconds or so.
After about 3 minuets I have a full bowl of lather which is thick and sticks very well to my face, This is only soap I have used and will be sticking with it as it gives great results every time

As a relative Newbie I understand that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but is Penhaligon's (esp. Blenheim Bouquet) worth the $? It sure seems pricey and I wonder if you're paying more for the brand equity than performance. I have no doubt that it performs well, but does it perform SO much better as to warrant the very high prices?

Personal i think it is worth the extra. Also if you contact a Penhaligon Outlet store (i use York) you can sometimes obtain the colognes at a 50% discount.

Over5feet, just sent you a PM.

I have a couple of Pent samples and a bottle of Opus on the way. The BB is very nice. Haven't tried the others.:thumbup1:

Top Bottom