What's new

Injector razor question

S

siouxsie

What do you guys do when you've finished a blade and want to move on to a different razor in the rotation? Do you clean it and leave the old blade in it after drying or do you remove it?

If you remove it, do you leave it empty or reload it before storage? I know it can be a little difficult to insert new blades into an empty razor but I wonder about rust.

I usually just leave it in until I put in a new one. I have taken the blade out and left the razor empty to clean them using a small screwdriver to keep it open and pliers to pull the old one out. Little tricky but it can be done.

I usually remove the blade because I use the razor only every two months or so. But when I do put in a new blade I'll use that razor and blade for the next week or so or until it starts to dull. I found the easiest way to remove the blade is to put in a new blade about an 1/8" only and then pull the cartridge back out. The new blade stays with the cartridge which I then push back in. Then the pliers take out the old blade.

Len

S

siouxsie

I usually remove the blade because I use the razor only every two months or so. But when I do put in a new blade I'll use that razor and blade for the next week or so or until it starts to dull. I found the easiest way to remove the blade is to put in a new blade about an 1/8" only and then pull the cartridge back out. The new blade stays with the cartridge which I then push back in. Then the pliers take out the old blade.

Len

"Great" minds think alike! :tongue_sm

That's exactly what I do when I want to remove a blade but not put another in.

I've got a bunch of injectors coming up in the rotation and I'm still mulling over how to handle it. Thanks a bunch.

Top Bottom