What's new

First DE without cuts

As this is my 4th DE shave this morning, Im pretty pleased.
I am from day 2 doing 1 WTG and 1 ATG but still find that the area just to each side of the chin needs heavy attention.
Just an obvious question, I assume that no one really does long passes but short quick strokes ??

Congrats, it only get's better from here. :tongue_sm

Just an obvious question, I assume that no one really does long passes but short quick strokes ??

There are probably some people who do long strokes like seen on Gillette commercials. It's generally not recommended, as it gives you less control over the razor.

The length of my passes depends on the how I'm feeling. Its one of those YMMV things I think. One thing to be sure of is that you should keep with the short passes until you've got your technique down. If not be prepared to have some bleeding.

4th shave and no cuts, well done! It took me about 2 weeks before i got my head around DE shaving and could get regular 'BBS' nick free shaves. I still enjoy a DE shave (had one this morning with a Gillette Fat Boy) but I'm also currently exploring Straight razor shaving which is like starting again.

I am from day 2 doing 1 WTG and 1 ATG but still find that the area just to each side of the chin needs heavy attention.

So you don't do any XTG? I tend to do rather long strokes. Works for me so far.

Shawn

Welcome. I sometimes do a long pass on the first pass from the sideburns to the chin. But I usually stick to short strokes.

Top Bottom