What's new

Corking blades?

all you do is run the blade through a cork 2 or 3 times. Any cork will do.

I've tried it a few times and to tell the truth i don't see any difference at all. With that said, i find corking to be a waste of time and effort, and that's mho.

+1

Personally I find corking to help certain blades that can be rough. To make certain I'm not cutting the cork with my blade I prepare the cork. Using a used blade, I cut a small v into the cork. At the bottom of the v I cut a slit around 1/4" deep. I use the v to let me know where the slit is since the slit will be practically invisible when the blade is out. I stick the blade sideways into the v and run the blade through. Using an existing slit keeps me from cutting the cork. I found that I could easily ruin a fresh blade otherwise. This works for me, and if you try this, be extremely careful. A used blade may give a bad shave but will cut you very easily.

I realize this is an old thread, but i too notice that the 1st shave with a feather is somewhat "rough". So i'm trying the cork method today and will see how it goes.

Yeah, for some reason the feather blades are the only blade (for me at least) that have that "rough" initial shave.

Top Bottom