What's new

Citizen Watches

does anyone have one? your thoughts?

I've been think about getting one. they are affordable but I like that they don't ever need to have the battery changed. seems like they could last a long time.

Citizen makes a nice solid watch. I've a Citizen eco-drive dive watch that I actually take diving and it's held up quite nicely. No winding, no B.S., and I think it looks sharp, too.

I have an Eco Drive and love it! I am looking into a LE model with a sapphire crystal. For the money they are hard to beat IMO. YMMV! :smile:

I have one that I believe needs a new power cell. I have had it for about 5 years. Recently it stopped. I called Citizen and they told me to fully charge it by placing it in the sunlight for several hrs. I did that a couple times but the dang thing keeps stopping. I guess it's time to send it in. Citizen says that they are the only ones who can fix it. Hmmmmm.

Mark

I have a Citizen Calibre 2100, it's been an excellent watch. I get compliments on it all the time.

proxy.php

I have also bought several different Citizen models to give as gifts, all without issues. I think the brand is one of the best buys for the money on the market.

Larry

the stopping all the time, happened to me too, it appeard that older ecodrives have faulty capacitors which fail when left uncharged or in lower power for a while, happened to me on a business trip to london, i was wearing a sweater all day long and didnt get out much, so the watch didnt get much sunlight, add to that the fact that sunlight is rare commodity in london in winter,

it just died on me and never charged again, and since it was a cheap beater i bought while my regular wear was in the shop, i never considered spending money on having the capacitor replaced, still have it in a drawer,

Man I wish I could remember what I paid for mine. I was on a cruise ship, but current prices are in the $400 range at least on Citizen web site. Think I'll send it in and see what they say.

Citizen Miyota Group really make some wonderful watches. If you are looking for a very good Automatic, I really like the 8215 movement.

I purchased my first Citizen not too long ago. I had not seen many Citizens that enticed me to buy, until this years new models came out. This watch is quite well built, and has great lume. It has made me consider buying an auto from them as well.
proxy.php

proxy.php

I have a Citizen Skyhawk. Its a bit heavy, but I still like it. I had the standard one, dropped it in a river, so I got the titanium version because its lighter. :)

i'm shocked that no one has yet to post pics of the classic automatic citizen diver. Most people agree that the NY2003 and the seiko 007s are quite representative of the tool watch genre. Replace the rubber strap with a zulu and you are good to go:thumbup1:

does anyone have one? your thoughts?

I've been think about getting one. they are affordable but I like that they don't ever need to have the battery changed. seems like they could last a long time.

I've had a Citizen railroad style watch for several years and it runs great.

If a quartz watch needs a battery only every four or five years, why fool with the more expensive models that never need a change? I'll tell you, quartz watches still amaze me, and they've been around about 35 years or so.

Top Bottom