What's new

Fountain pen repair advice

The only repair guy with whom I have completed repairs is Danny Fudge. He does good work. Depends on exactly what you want, though. There are things he won't try.

I just sent two pens to Greg Minuskin after concluding he would probably be the best for the nib work I needed. One of the pens needs re-tipping, which not everyone does, and I figured I might as well send both to the same person. The current turn around time he quoted me seemed reasonable, but I'm waiting on his estimate for the repair cost before deciding. I should probably know that in the coming week. I had written to Michael Masuyama as well, and wouldn't have had any problem going with him based on reputation. His backlog didn't seem too bad. He didn't do re-tipping, though. Wrote to Ron Zorn also, but his backlog must be longer; I haven't had a reply yet except for an auto-reply saying that the Email had arrived.

Forgot about John Mottishaw for re-tipping.

Last edited:

strop

Now half as wise
Greg Minuskin restored a Parker Big Red that needed retyping. IIRC it only took about 2 months but that was a year or so ago. I have also used Danny with good results.

If it's a more modern pen, I would probably use the manufacturers repair service.

Avoid Penopoly.

I have had nothing but good experiences with Richard Binder.

I've heard nothing bad about the other nibmeisters and repairmen mentioned in this thread. I'd love to handle something tuned by Minuskin or Mottishaw someday.

Top Bottom