What's new

For Memorial Day - Some Military razors

The background of the WWI pictures is a tunic worn by my grandfather in France during the war. The razor is not his - I wish I had more of his things. He was a barber and for many years would give free shaves and hair cuts at the veterans hospital.

The second razor is a government issue Year Code P2 (1970) which places it in the end of the Viet Nam era. 8530 is the code for Personal Toiletry Articles .

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Awesome pics. Great stuff.

Monday's shave will be a plastic handle GI Tech, with cold water out of an M-1 helmet. Then I'll go back to me easy life.

Great post. Thank you.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Thanks for sharing. Your grandfather sounds like an exceptional gentleman.

Hope to see more posts like this for Memorial Day.

Thanks for this thread, and thanks to all of our veterans.

There is one razor I shave with twice a year, Memorial Day and Veterans Day.

My grandfather's WWI khaki set. The case doesn't look quite like this anymore, but the razor inside is still nice.
proxy.php

We do not have a Memorial Day up here in Canada.

November 11 Remembrance Day is the day we formally remember our veterans and war dead.

proxy.php

Not my Grandfather's - he was a Navy man anyways.

proxy.php

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

Great photo guys! It really brings it home when you see those razors along with of other accouterments of our soldiers. Thanks for reminding us.

Thanks to our fathers and their fathers before them for holding the line against tyrants and so......t schemes that allows me to sleep at night in the comfort of my own home filled with the people I love, living together in the freest nation on God's green earth! I've got generations of family buried at national cemeteries like The Presidio now called The National Cemetery in San Francisco http://www.cem.va.gov/cems/nchp/sanfrancisco.asp . I miss my Grandpa and his Poppa too.

Here's a NOS model from WW2. Head and base have a few spots of corrosion from sitting in the unopened box for so long. They are both black-coated metal of some kind. Handle is plastic of some kind. The blade box is pretty cool as well.

A huge thanks to all the vets out there!!!

Ben

Top Bottom