What's new

Fresh meat, here

Hi everyone,

Relative newcomer to wet shaving here. Last winter, a friend of mine gave me a small tube of Proraso and instructed me to go to CVS and pick up a VDH brush. Well, they sat in a cabinet below my sink for a few months before I decided to try them. I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed lathering my face with a brush! I was hooked.

A few weeks later, I treated myself to birthday gift and went to C&E and picked up a shaving set. The Best Badger Brush feels terrific and I've begun experimenting with different shaving creams. Still using the cartridge (M3) razor that came with the set and getting terrific shaves with it. That being said, I know the transition to DE is going to happen,

Anyway, thought I'd check in, been lurking for a few weeks.

And a hearty welcome from the peanut gallery. Welcome to B&B... ask all the questions you want there are plenty of experts here just waiting to help

Champ --

Welcome to B&B. You'll like experimenting with soaps/creams, it's a wonderful adventure. There's no hurry in making the transition to the DE. Enjoy the shaves.

-- John Gehman

Welcome! Lathering is awesome. One of my favorite parts of shaving. Check out the stickies, and be sure to ask lots of questions...

Welcome to B&B. I too used a cartridge razor with my Vulfix brush and TOBS cream for well over a year. I eventually broke in and switched to DE shaving. I found B&B some time after that and lurked for quite a while. I'm sure that you will be pleased with the great advice you find on the site. Just be careful though as various ADs can quickly set in. Welcome and good luck.

Welcome to B&B and I'm glad to hear you're enjoying a brush and soap!

Since you're not in a rush to start with a DE, go visit some junk and antique stores to see if you can find a vintage Gillette razor or two. There are lots of them in the wild and most are great shavers. Once you find one, there are plenty of tutorials here on how to clean/restore your find. Then you can order a sampler pack and get started! Good luck!

Good that you have a friend to introduce you to Proraso. When you make the decision to switch to DE or a straight razor I bet you never turn back. Welcome!

Top Bottom