What's new

SLIM settings

hi i just got adjustable slim ,i was wondering which setting would be close to the SS i was using?

hi i just got adjustable slim ,i was wondering which setting would be close to the SS i was using?

3 is a good place to start.

Remember to give the TTO knob an extra 1/4 turn after it seems tightened. It's a feature to lock the blade down in the razor.

Last edited:
3 is a good place to start.

Remember to give the TTO knob an extra 1/4 turn after it seems tightened. It's a feature to lock the blade down in the razor.

That's where I started, and I have 3 types of SS (40's style, 50's flare tip, and black-handled flare tip) and the 3 setting replicates their shaves pretty well. If you're used to a 50's stlye flare tip, you might want to move up to a 4 setting, as I found that razor to be a bit more agressive than the other two.

proxy.php

There is a document in the Wiki that shows blade gap info for a variety of razors. Included is blade gap info for multiple settings on various adjustable razors (including the Slim I believe). So.. you can find the blade gap info for your current razor and then find which Slim setting matches that blade gap.

I suspect this is about as close as you'll come to matching the Slim setting to your current razor.

Top Bottom