What's new

Which Honeybee soap?

I want to order a 3 pack of Honeybee soaps and can't decide which scents to get. I'm stuck on several and need a little help. I already decided to get one of the cologne scented ones, now I need to pick two more. Have any of you used these and how is the scent?

1. Sandalwood Vanilla
2. Vanilla Oak
3. Green Tea
4. Orange Burst
5. Coconut

Hi there,
I have some experience with both the coconut and sandlewood/vanilla, and would be glad to recommend both to you. The coconut appeals to me because it's a more pronounced scent when compared to the Trumpers version. I DO enjoy Trumpers as well, but wanted something a bit.......more coconutty? Yeah, I was looking for something not quite as subdued I guess. At times in the past I felt a bit frustrated at times because I wanted MORE coconut!
Sue's product has a nice 'clear' scent......not overpowering, but the fragrance is evident throughout the shave. To me, it's got a touch of sweetness to it as well. It has NO 'suntan lotion' scent at all......just coconut. I have little other experience with other vendor's offerings in this scent, but HB Sue's fills that particular 'need' for me very well.
The Sandlewood/Vanilla.........I love that. I used it yesterday and have ordered it multiple times. Man, I never thought I liked sandlewood very much until I tried Sue's. I ordered it for someone else at the time......sadly it never made it to them. Well, maybe not too sadly....heh. It's a really mellow scent that hits me juuuuust right. Warm and comforting somehow. You need to try this stuff.
One other thing I'd recommend would be her cedarwood/amber fragrance. I received this in a recent order, and it's also excellent. It's somewhat along the lines of the 'softer' fragrance like her S/V, but different 'notes' are highlighted. The combo is subtle, but very pervasive ( in a good way). I believe you'd really enjoy it.
I used a schick injector with the cedarwood this morning actually. Whew.....good stuff! If you've previously tried her soaps you realise how much fun they can be. If this is your first order then be prepared to be amused. Her soap is easy to work with and performs as you'd hope.
Martin

Oh, btw..... Michael (Leisureguy), highly recommends HB Sue's 'Fresh Lemon', in addition to her 'Coffee Mocha' scents. Why not order the five on your list, and pick one more. See? I'm helping........hehe.

Do all the soaps perform the same so it's just a matter of picking what scent sounds best?

What Marty said. I have three HBS soaps (lime, sandalwood, and bay rum), and I discern no difference aside from scent. They're wonderful soaps.

Hi Perry,

All my soaps are made exactly the same way from the same formula, the only difference being the selected fragrance, so product performace should be consistent among all of them. Hope that helps.

The coconut was really an afterthougt, but now it sounds like I might have to be sure thats on the list. I don't like floral/rose scents (including the infamous Taylor's avocado), so I'm trying to avoid those. Anybody use the vanilla oak? What kind of smell is that? It sounds very interesting. Also, green tea?

All the Honeybee soaps that I have tried have be superb. The scent is just right, not overpowering but just right. Not to mention the fantastic and moist shave they provide. I have not tried the coconut, but it sure sounds great and will be on my list to order.

I decided against the coconut. It was a long and tedious decision making process, but I went with the Green Tea, Sandalwood Vanilla, Very Sexy for Men, and the Yuzu. We'll see how my face likes them and then I'll be after more! So many scents, so little time.

i also gave into my disorder and ordered me some of sue's soaps yesterday.

got me:

Ginger Peach
Autumn Harvest

:) here's to being different and trying new stuff!!

~J

ps. sue was great to work with. understanding and helpful at everystep. thanks again sue.

I received some soaps from Honeybee Soaps and love 'em.

I chose Lime, Old Spice and Bay Rum

They all lather great!

dwight

obtw, I regret only getting three. I SHOULDA ordered six!

Top Bottom