What's new

Recommend me a watch, leather band

Gents,
I've been wearing my Movado Fiero every day for the last 5 or 6 years. I love the look, and other than the odd battery change, it runs like a champ. I plan to continue to wear it every day for atleast another 5 or 6 years. I just wanna pick up a "dress watch" that I can wear with a suit. Something with a low profile, gold face, black band. What do you guys wear with suits?

I wear a '39 Hamilton Ross. Good, used Hamiltons will run you a little less than $200 and say so much more than "me too".

I don't know if I'd wear a gold-faced watch with a suit. Instead, a white/cream dial or perhaps a black dial would be appropriate.

The least expensive classy new watches I've seen come from Stowa. I haven't bought one yet, but intend to sooner or later.

If you're willing to buy vintage, the one that's on my wrist is an old handwound Zenith with a cream dial and gold hands and markers. Great watch and only ran a little over $200. Other good vintage brands to look for are Hamilton, Illinois, Elgin, Gruen, Waltham, Eterna-Matic, Longines, and Universal Geneve. There are others, but all of those made good watches.

I should've been more specific, sorry guys. I don't want a gold face, I want a black or white face, with a gold bezel. A display back would be nice, but isn't necessary. I'd like to only spend 2 or 300 dollars, but if I see something that really does it for me, I'd go up to 5 probably.

Top Bottom