What's new

Parker 89R

S

siouxsie

Why, because the model number is the same? On the off chance you're not pulling our leg, hell no they don't have the same head.

I have an 89r. The head is poorly made. I had two different blade gaps, so I bought a Jagger head from The English Shaving Company last week. The Jagger head is well made and gives a much better shave. I only bought the 89r as I like the handle.
Ian

I have an 89r. The head is poorly made. I had two different blade gaps, so I bought a Jagger head from The English Shaving Company last week. The Jagger head is well made and gives a much better shave. I only bought the 89r as I like the handle.
Ian

I can echo those sentiments. I have different blade gaps with mine too.

The Parker is one vicious razor. I used mine this on Thursday evening and ended up a bloody mess. I managed to get more razor burn and weepers than I can ever remember. Not good :thumbdown

Had I done a bit more reading up I wouldn't have bought this one. Rather, the Edwin Jagger DE89L is a much better razor for pretty much the same price. My EJ DE89L gives me superlative shaves and does not leave me bloody or sore. The only way you are going to cut yourself with the Jagger is if you do something silly with it like moving it sideways or not tightening up the head.

I would recommend anybody to have an Edwin Jagger in their shave kit.

Top Bottom