What's new

shaving cream expiration date

H

hathela

is it true that the shaving creams and shaving soap have a expiration date ??
if yes, i dont see the date anywhere on the package.
for soap, i beleive they would outlast the cream if not used.. ream may get dried up eventually.

please comment

My TOBS and Trumper's tubs show 12 months after opening and so does my Proraso. Once opened is when the clock starts to count down.

Mark

My oldest creams date back five years, and none of them have spoiled or gone rancid. Several of my AOS creams have become glue-like due to dehydration, which is unusual, since my other creams just get denser and harder to lather when they dry out. In general, I wouldn't worry too much about it - dehydration will tip you off before anything gnarly happens.

H

hathela

My oldest creams date back five years, and none of them have spoiled or gone rancid. Several of my AOS creams have become glue-like due to dehydration, which is unusual, since my other creams just get denser and harder to lather when they dry out. In general, I wouldn't worry too much about it - dehydration will tip you off before anything gnarly happens.

so are they still in use and rotation after a period of 5 years ??

I have just been wondering about this myself. I recently started using a tub of DR Harris cream that is now over a year old. It smells fine and shaves fine, but is definitely less hydrated straight out of the tub. I really have to work it for a while to get everything foaming.

Top Bottom