What's new

What's Your Running Shoe?

Ok, let's see what we're all wearing on our feet, tootsies or dogs depending on the nomenclature of where you live. If you have more than one pair, please specify what you use each shoe for.

proxy.php

[image source: http://runcolo.com/blog/vibram-five-fingers/]

Right now, I am using 40-65 dollar Asics Gel 1140. Depending on what color you get, the price changes from my online retailer.

I usually do 5-6 miles a day 5-6 days a week. I have found the Asics in the price range perform just as well in every category as the really expensive Asics I have bought. They only gripe is they don't look as cool as the more expensive ones, but not really and issue for me.

Socks are Drymax, Thorolo, Eurosock, Bridgedale, Defeet and I do find a huge difference between these versus a cheap sock.

I go for 3-4 months and then change out shoes

Used to be Asics Landreth 5's but they stopped carrying them over here. Tried the Asics Nimbus 11's and nearly destroyed my lower legs. Tried the Nike Pegs 26 out of necessity. I really wanted to not like them but it is a nice, smooth, responsive ride and have been sold since.

Will switch over to my VFFs in the fall as I can not be bothered to lower my mileage at the moment.

Last edited:
Used to be Asics Landreth 5's but they stopped carrying them over here. Tried the Asics Nimbus 11's and nearly destroyed my lower legs. Tried the Nike Pegs 26 out of necessity. I really wanted to not like them but it is a nice, smooth, responsive ride and have been sold since.

Will switch over to my VFFs in the fall as I can not be bothered to lower my mileage at the moment.

Those 26's are great. I tried on several pair at the store and these felt great. I went out the next morning and did 5 miles and was not disappointed. I see the 27's are on the RW website.

I ordered a pair of Brooks Launch for speedwork and hopefully they will arrive tomorrow.

I've tried several brands over the last few years and have had the best luck for distance comfort with Mizuno (wave alchemy).

Five Fingers KSO or Nike Free 5.0 v2 depending on how I'm feeling that day. Both do a pretty good job. I don't really run a lot so it's kind of a non-issue.

Top Bottom