What's new

Made MY perfect AS

MY was purposely capitalized because you might hate what I made, but it works absolutely perfectly for me. It's very simple and, comparatively, cheap to make. I used a recipe from Klopstick on the boards with a slight twist. It is 2.5 oz of Thayers medicated superhazel, 1 tbsp of vaseline intensive rescue moisture locking lotion, and a half tsp of jojoba oil. Mix well, put in container, shake before use, and enjoy. The witch hazel gives it the definite cooling feeling of an alcohol aftershave without the alcohol burn. It made my face feel the best it ever has after a shave and smells pretty darn good.

As always, YMMV.

congrats. I worry about mixing what is essentially a lotion with liquid ingredients such as superhazel and jojoba oil. Will it be stable? How long will it continue to perform for you? I don't know the answers.

I used to mix my own AS, as well. I used regular cheap WH, mixed in some aloe vera gel, a tiny bit of glycerin, and then added peppermint oil to make it smell better. It worked really well. I made it in small batches and the ratios were probably never the same twice.

Since I discovered Saint Charles Shave aftershaves, I don't make my own anymore.

Top Bottom