What's new

Long Time AS Lovers--Help Me With My Search!

Hey Guys,

Since I've joined here, I've been fascinated by the great info that's down in the archives. Sometimes new posters will ask a question that reminds me of interesting old discussions, but others remain lost. I'm planning to resurrect some of them from time to time. If you have any suggestions for old threads that need a bump, let me know.

Thanks!

Last edited:
ClubmanRob would periodically compose treatises on different aftershaves, and would be both informative and great reads. Any of them would merit resurrection from the archives.

Does the broad category of Aftershaves include alum blocks, WH, and ASB?

I know there a lot of threads where Thayer's WH is discussed in great detail.

ClubmanRob would periodically compose treatises on different aftershaves, and would be both informative and great reads. Any of them would merit resurrection from the archives.

Does the broad category of Aftershaves include alum blocks, WH, and ASB?

I know there a lot of threads where Thayer's WH is discussed in great detail.

Ah, now to combine both of these: how about the famous ClubmanRob diatribe on what is and is not witch hazel? Informative AND fun for the whole family!:lol:

Ah, now to combine both of these: how about the famous ClubmanRob diatribe on what is and is not witch hazel? Informative AND fun for the whole family!:lol:

Oh yes--the witch hazel diaries. I'm sure that those will make an appearance before too long.

It's all fair game. Splashes, balms, alum blocks, real and ersatz witch hazel. All that good stuff. You name it, we'll resurrect it.

How about the famous ClubmanRob diatribe on what is and is not witch hazel? Informative AND fun for the whole family!:lol:

That was some seriously entertaining reading--Seemed like ClubmanRob almost was at the point of having a stroke during those discussions--another classic!!

One things' for sure---I'll never forget that Witch Hazel has 14% alcohol content.

Marty E.

I'm interested in what makes a good AS, either splash or balm. What are the ingredients that actually do the work? Really nerdy stuff with all sorts of chemical names and college words.

I'm always interested in AS with a scent that fades quickly. I have asthma and fairly sensitive to scents on my face.

I do use stronger (longer lasting) AS as colognes. AV for example is plenty strong enough for a cologne (for me).

So there are two topics that I certainly would be interested in. That is a small audience though.

As an aside, there are certain scents I can bath in and have no issues, for example Lime anything. There are others - such as Floris JF - that I put on just a touch and it throws a wrench into my breathing apparatus.

-jim

Top Bottom