Hey guys. I've been wetshaving for about a week and I've really been having some issues with my these past couple of days. I'm getting a lot of irritation, redness, and bumps, and occasionally even some blood. I've tried doing shorter, more specific strokes and putting on more lather, but that doesn't seem to help. Do I just need to keep practicing or is there something I might be doing wrong? Does this say something about the composition of my lather, or my prep, etc.?
Here are some specifics:
- I'm using Kyle's prep (holding the hot towel on for about a minute and a half until it's really lost any heat over room temperature)
- I'm using Proraso, lathered in a mug with the new badger brush Target sells
- I have Merkur 180 (extra long handle) with Walgreens blades (which I believe are Personnas)
- I'm doing the first three passes of the "four pass shaving" thing. That means my neck experiences N-S, then horizontal towards the center, then horizontal away from the center.
- I'm using Proraso liquid cream aftershave.
Any help is VERY much appreciated!