What's new

Lilac Vegetal: I think I conquered it?

I'm really quite confused here...I joined the I'm not worthy Lilac Vegetal PIF. Received the bottle Friday and tried it this morning. The results are as follows and brace yourself for something truly horrifying:

So I got up and I took my Arko shave stick, face lathered, and pulled out my barber straight since I had some good growth. After one pass with the straight I moved to my ball end Gillette Tech and did a quick XTG pass to clean up the little bit that the straight didn't get. Then came the deciding moment...would I die of asphyxiation and get sucked into some crazy black hole with a bright green glow at the end or would I suddenly become Chuck Norris and round house kick my way out of the bathroom while gently cradling the bottle of vegetal?

The answer:
Neither...I don't know how or why, but there was no smell of cannon smoke and raw courage nor was there the smell of an involuntary bodily reaction caused by the sudden unexpected appearance of cannon smoke and raw courage. No, you see at first when I splashed it on there was a strong smell of Play-Doh...then after a few minutes, nothing. It just went away, which confused me because I got scared when I realized how much I had poured from the bottle to splash on and hoped it wasn't a mistake.

Gentleman... I believe my natural man smell actually scared The Veg into submission. Then again I am normally either a Tabac or Aqua Velva man.

Gentleman... I believe my natural man smell actually scared The Veg into submission. Then again I am normally either a Tabac or Aqua Velva man.

Do your friends call you Yeti, or Sasquatch?
:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

Still, the scent of LILACS is the big sell from LV... Then there is the overwhelming scent of POWDER upon drydown.

I am at a loss to explain your plight.

You need to test this. Apply it again tomorrow and go to a local coffee shop. Sit down between two customers at the counter. Don't lean in--just see what happens. My guess is that once the scent settles down, you just don't notice the lilac.

You need to test this. Apply it again tomorrow and go to a local coffee shop. Sit down between two customers at the counter. Don't lean in--just see what happens. My guess is that once the scent settles down, you just don't notice the lilac.

:lol::lol:

To be really sure you need to apply at lest half an ounce.

I'll bet the smell is there, but its repressed deep in your psyche, the severe olfactory trauma having triggered temporary amnosia.

Do your friends call you Yeti, or Sasquatch?
:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

Actually yes, a lot of my friends call me sasquatch or wolfy! :lol:

I figured this was it...maybe I was having an off day. I did end up going to band practice right after that and I'm a drummer, so maybe I sweat it all off or something before it got the chance to really shine :laugh:
I did try it again though and just like at first it had the strong play-doh smell, but after it settled down I was able to smell the light scent of lilacs. And FWIW I have heard people say it smells like a country breeze...I must say it actually does. I was out in the country on Sunday and every time the wind blew I could smell a faint hint of the veg.

Maybe you got a bad batch? :lol::lol:

It does seem pretty strange that the scent just went away.

Shhh...keep that quiet, if they find out they've just been wearing spoiled AS this whole time Pinaud will actually have to try and make the scent rather than depending on the fact that most people won't buy it so it sits in the warehouse for decades at a time and gets "kraussened". :lol:

I seem to be one the few that neither hates nor loves the veg. I find it to be nothing special really.

I as well feel the same way, I could take it or leave it. BUT I don't hate it and I think the urinal cake or dirty litter box thing is an exaggeration. It has a faint yet complicated scent that takes some time to really appreciate.

Top Bottom