What's new

any transparent shaving creams not brushless?

Does anyone know if there is/are any shaving creams, or soaps for that matter, that are transparent once lathered?

I know of brushless creams that are transparent, but not sure of any that are meant to be lathered with a brush.

It is a nice feature of brushless creams that I can see the beard while shaving but the performance of most brushless creams is subpar.

Thanks.

Rafi

Any brushless cream can be used with a brush, and vice-versa.

I've used Burt's Bees and Jack Black's Beard Lube with brushes, and they both remain transparent, or at least translucent, when applied either by badger or by hand.

Another you might want to look at its a little known company called Corganics. I found them in Vitamin Shoppes for $5 a tube. It (and JB Beard Lube) are a 3-in-1 product that is a pre-shave, lather, and ASB all in one tube.

The only brushless I've tried is Cremo Cream, and I haven't been able to put it down. Its been my choice for 5 out the last 6 shaves I've done since I bought it.

Does anyone know if there is/are any shaving creams, or soaps for that matter, that are transparent once lathered?

I don't believe that's physically possible. Anything transparent is going to have to remain latherless. As mentioned, you can apply non-lathering creams or gels with brushes, but if you're specifically wanting something that lathers, you're going to have to give up transparency.

I don't believe that's physically possible. Anything transparent is going to have to remain latherless. As mentioned, you can apply non-lathering creams or gels with brushes, but if you're specifically wanting something that lathers, you're going to have to give up transparency.

Came into this thread to say this, but, as usual, was beaten to the punch by HoratioCaine.

Lather is made of bubbles, right? Bubbles are transparent, right?

I'm going to go ahead and say all lather is always transparent, contrary to all visual evidence.

It's not a cream, or soap. but if you want something transparent try shaving oil. King of Shaves and Pacific Shaving both make very slick and effective shave oils. Completely transparent and very protective.

Lather is made up of many tiny transparent bubbles refracting all the colors of the rainbow, so from a distance it looks white.

If you spent more time doing SCIENCE than posting on a forum about it, you would notice than in complete darkness, there is no refraction and it is very easy to see that lather is, in fact, transparent.

If you spent more time doing SCIENCE than posting on a forum about it, you would notice than in complete darkness, there is no refraction and it is very easy to see that lather is, in fact, transparent.

Shows what you know. I happen to have a pair of night vision glasses. I've looked at lather in the dark, and it is clearly green.

Top Bottom