What's new

Vintage and unusual aftershaves: Post your photos

Vntage caswell Massey alum block, came along with an eBay purchase of CM soap. Rear label reads 100% Alum. Dist Caswell-Massey NY.

$image.jpg

I got this a while ago. It's very rich while still having that Pinaud powder. A sort of grandpa to Special Reserve, if you will

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 330
I got this a while ago. It's very rich while still having that Pinaud powder. A sort of grandpa to Special Reserve, if you will
Yup, it was called Napoleon before it was renamed Special Reserve. It was also reformulated slightly over time. Napoleon is stronger.

Last edited:
Nice pick up Joshua. First time I've ever notice a product marketed for after an electric shave. There's a few Pre-electric lotions out there, but this one is unique for sure. How's it smell?

Just about jumped out of my skin when I found this yesterday at an antique store. Opened it up and it smells delicious.
$uploadfromtaptalk1432846338555.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1432846355412.jpg

Stupid tapatalk won't let me turn them.

Nice pick up Joshua. First time I've ever notice a product marketed for after an electric shave. There's a few Pre-electric lotions out there, but this one is unique for sure. How's it smell?

It has some citrus notes top notes out of the bottle, and it still has a little menthol and medicine type smell to it too. I can't put my finger on the 'he-man' basetones. I'm not very well versed on 'man scents', but it isn't too overpowering. I can probably send you a sample when I return the williams menthol puck.

Just about jumped out of my skin when I found this yesterday at an antique store. Opened it up and it smells delicious.

Stupid tapatalk won't let me turn them.

Nice score!

Nice find on the Royall Bay Rhum, I have some of that I bought new from a member here. If money was no object I'd have every fragrance they make.

Top Bottom