What's new

Vintage and unusual aftershaves: Post your photos

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
attachment.php
For my Den, I'm waiting on;

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]Vintage 12[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]oz Bottles (purchased 'off the bay', unopened & plastic...will decant to glass upon arrival from Vendor), of Pinuad Naturelle Sec Eau de Cologne and Fleur de France Eau de Cologne (maybe our Order Historian, member / Knight, 'ClubmanRob' (a.k.a., Rob), can 'school'
proxy.php
us on the history, basenotes and other interesting notes / 'tid-bits' about this no longer produced scents)! [FONT=&amp]
proxy.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]“Shaving with style and tradition since 1810”. Pinaud Slogan[/FONT]

Last edited:

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
attachment.php
For my Den, I'm waiting on;

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]Vintage 12[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]oz Bottles (purchased 'off the bay', unopened & plastic...will decant to glass upon arrival from Vendor), of Pinuad Naturelle Sec Eau de Cologne and Fleur de France Eau de Cologne (maybe our Order Historian, member / Knight, 'ClubmanRob' (a.k.a., Rob), can 'school'
proxy.php
us on the history, basenotes and other interesting notes / 'tid-bits' about this no longer produced scents)! [FONT=&amp]
proxy.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Having received these vintage Cologne/AS's...the Naturelle Sec had a 'lemony-fresh' smell to it and the Fleur de France (Flower of France), had a distinctive 'rose water' basenote. (I hope after 'decanting' these scents will 'mellow') :thumbsup:

attachment.php
[/FONT]

Found some more vintage OS: one AS in telescope decanter, one talc and one cologne. All full.

Attachments

• $P2130135.jpg
    $P2130135.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 159

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Dear Gents:
Ah right...'fess-up'! :a31:

There's a bidding war on Ebay (with me? Maybe [wink]), for a vintage French Pinaud 'Brilliantine' hair tonic. :blush:

$Pinaud Brilant Hair Tonic.jpg

$Snipe Hunting Badge.jpg"The [Ebay] Sniper must not be susceptible to emotions such as anxiety and remorse". Craig Roberts

Found some more vintage OS: one AS in telescope decanter, one talc and one cologne. All full.

I don't know how you guys find this stuff! I remember those shaving talc bottles when I saw them on the shelves in the 1970's. If I knew then what I know now, I would have asked the store owner for the distributor's phone number and ordered a few cases of every product he had with the Old Spice logo! ​

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455488274.133180.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455488331.571316.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455488367.710296.jpg
I hit an estate sale Saturday and found this lot there. Most don't even look used. Plus they were all half off the asking price. I love estate sales!

I decided to check out one of the local antique shops. You never know when something will turn up, right? Was hoping for some vintage soaps but found these instead. I spent a bit more than I would have liked but I really liked the little Clubman bottle.
$IMG_20160217_121404644.jpg

I decided to check out one of the local antique shops. You never know when something will turn up, right? Was hoping for some vintage soaps but found these instead. I spent a bit more than I would have liked but I really liked the little Clubman bottle.
View attachment 638174

Osage is the name of the native American tribe that was famous for homeopathic medicines...However ,the original formula here contains sage ,the current Jeris formula does not.

WOW! Great find on that Osage Rub! I have a couple, but not like that one. And Glass OR bottles are hard to come by. Can you post pics of the rest of the box? I've never seen an OR box before!

WOW! Great find on that Osage Rub! I have a couple, but not like that one. And Glass OR bottles are hard to come by. Can you post pics of the rest of the box? I've never seen an OR box before!

Okay, the sides are plain. Print on front back and top only. Using my phone so the pic quality is not 100%
$IMG_20160217_162926372.jpg$IMG_20160217_162506662.jpg

I finally got around to buying a bottle of Stephens Alpine to fill up my vintage bottle.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455940662.249199.jpg

This is good stuff! It may give my OR a run for its money.

And now it finally joins the ranks.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455940731.541503.jpg

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
attachment.php
For my Den, I'm waiting on (purchased 'off the bay', unopened & glass)[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp];[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&amp]

"Collectors may know of Monsieur Pinaud's work. He certainly had a prestigious address, 18, Place Vendome, Paris.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]He had "gained a reputation for toilet soaps [and fragrances, et.tal]" and his 'a flowered basket' (a la Violette) Brilliantine [/FONT][FONT=&amp][a vintage French Pinaud Hair Tonic] is beautifully presented in glass and because…it's a "creamy tonic to make the beard and the hair soft and shiny"...it must have made it hard to resist. :thumbsup:[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Seems a shame that it was never opened and used. I'm tempted to try it myself,… But perhaps it's better to leave it as it is, as it has evaded use all this time [as I shall also do].
proxy.php
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Exactly how long that is I don't know exactly, but I have found an advertisement for Monsieur Pinaud's products online that purports to be from 1898, so with that and the style of font used I assume it's from around then.
[/FONT][FONT=&amp]It's a tiny little 'treasure & keeper' at only 9cm (3½ in), tall & 4cm (1½ in), across, weighing just over 95 grams (.02lbs)". [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
proxy.php

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
View attachment 639826 View attachment 639827 View attachment 639828 [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
attachment.php
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Top Bottom