What's new

Vintage and unusual aftershaves: Post your photos

I found these old Avon bottles in my father-in-law's workshop. Both half full - the Tribute aftershave is typical of the scents we've come to describe as "masculine" after later decades in which men wore floral scents indistinguishable from ladies fragrances.

The Partridge - Somewhere cologne smells pretty rank in the bottle. I'm scared to put it on my skin to test it.

I thought these were just crummy old bric-à-brac but after reading this forum have been on the hunt for dusty figurines that might be full of liquid gold.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398101509.662983.jpg

Everytime I find a cool old bottle, that's exactly all it is. I never luck out and find anything full, NOS, or even with a label,
So, this is how I spent Sunday...
$IMAG1550.jpg

$IMAG1547.jpg

$IMAG1549.jpg

enjoyed some vintage Yardley English Lavender after shave, courtesy an eBay seller.
Quite nice, intense lavender scent, plus (?) perhaps some menthol. Nice burn too!
Altho it's hard to distinguish 'age' issues from original formula.

proxy.php

Hi guys, Been away on vacation and just retired from my job after 41 years. The vintage Aqua Velva has a scent that reminds me of the modern Williams shave soap. It has a lemon - citronella sent. It's one of my favorite warm weather after shaves. I wish that they still made it.

Hi guys, Been away on vacation and just retired from my job after 41 years. The vintage Aqua Velva has a scent that reminds me of the modern Williams shave soap. It has a lemon - citronella sent. It's one of my favorite warm weather after shaves. I wish that they still made it.

Anything even close?

The Arko AS?

all right you young punks - we are all rolling down that hill towards that great wall of "see ya". So have merry while the wall is still in the distance. Meanwhile, I'm trying to put on the brakes and they don't work! In fact, it feels like somebody greased the tracks... :biggrin1:

-jim

we are all rolling down that hill towards that great wall of "see ya". So have merry while the wall is still in the distance. Meanwhile, I'm trying to put on the brakes and they don't work!

Yeah. Remember Morrison kept saying "break on through" to us.

Just make sure you're prepared for the next round.

Top Bottom