What's new

Vintage and unusual aftershaves: Post your photos

Klopstick: Superb Seaforth Haul! I almost went for that Scotch Heather set myself.
Simmonds: I'm quite adrool over that Williams set! I'd find it hard not to dig in and shave....

Jim, Seaforth Spiced is one of my absolute favorites. They tucked a little heather in there with the spicy scent, and it's mentholated too. I spent $20 each for 3 unopened 4oz bottles, so you got a score!

this is my only vintage AS. I have no idea how old it is.

Attachments

• $hoytsfront.jpg
    $hoytsfront.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 729
  • $hoytsback.jpg
    $hoytsback.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 730
Wow, nice score. That travel set is looking minty.

Thanks! The travel set is in mint condition. The man that I bought if from stated that it is the type that was issued to the military during the Vietnam era. I have no idea. Perhaps someone who knows could chime in with a little info.

Scored these at the local flea market today for $3! The sparkplug is (was) empty, and the liberty bell is full/almost full of deep woods.

$Avon Score.jpg

If the stopper in the Old Spice is smooth it was made from 1956-1967, if it has the star imprint it's from 1967-1973. The 56-67 bottle will have some instructions printed on the back, the 67-73 is blank except for the Shulton name and the cities you mentioned.

Very nice haul by the way!

Hi there everyone!

I found this thread and this forum through looking for old, retro aftershaves on google. I've read this thread from the very start, right the way through and I absolutely adore all the photos you guys have added of your vintage and unusual aftershaves. It's been fantastic looking through them all!

The only thing I'd have to offer this thread of any interest is a six-piece Burley set I managed to pick up from a antiques warehouse store that I was leasing a cabinet from at the time. I noticed a few Burley items on this thread, so this one might be of interest:

Attachments

• $Burley set.jpg
    $Burley set.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 457
  • $Burley aftershave & cologne.jpg
    $Burley aftershave & cologne.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 457
Welcome to the B&B! If you get a chance and feel like it, please go the Shave Clinic & Newbie Check-In and introduce yourself.

Nice set of Burley. I don't even remember what it smells like though.

-jim

Thanks for the welcome, Jim! Will do so!

Glad you like it! It's quite a strong scent. I put a small amount of it on a small piece of cloth once, and it managed to keep the scent for at least a week or two, which surprised me!

Top Bottom