What's new

Short Handle Vs. Long Handle

I am hoping by next month to purchase my first DE razor. Thinking of getting the Progress and then seeing about getting it modified to Mergress.

My question though . . . Which is better - Short handle or Long handle? Is it all a matter of preferance or is there some variables I should need to consider?

I am just 5'3" tall and so I do not have overly large hands; so that in itself I am not sure would make that much difference.

Also; is there anywhere I can see the specs of the razors so that I can see what the handle length for each razor?

It's all a matter of your own preference. I have the Mergress XL and a Merkur 38M which is just a long handled HD. I actually prefer the longer handle but I have larger hands.

Shawn

Its a matter of taste i would guess... at 5ft9 and fairly slim build i have quite smallish hands. Yet i found my Merkur 1904 to be a little on the short side for proper control. I do like the way it shaves, so it stays, but I moved to a 23C as the longer handle gave me more feeling and control during the shave. The two have the same head, so shave identically in that regard.

Top Bottom