What's new

Question about Essential Oils and Aftershave.

I requested some samples from Ems Place and she sent me 6 little vials of essential oils, some shaving cream, ASB, and some "butter lotion"

I was wondering if i could mix the essential oils in with my aftershave, specificaly Nivia Menthol Balm, or would it hurt if i mixed them in with my spray bottle of Witch Hazel?

i'm sure someone here has tried something like this before, if not, i'll experiment on myself, i'm just worried that the essential oil will make the Nivia separate and make it look like curdled milk

You will probably be alright, but the best thing to do is check with the person that you purchased the product from. there may specific recommended dilutions and without knowing exactly what you have (only the seller will know) it is best to not embark on blind experiments... :smile:

Well, the free sample vials are about the size of a cigarette butt. They have already been diluted in a carrier oil base made from Apricot oil
And it came with a paper listing all of the EO in each one.

Example, one sample is called "Woodstock blend"
Description: Patchouli, Sandalwood, Balsam, Connamon and Ginger. Has a rich, earthy, woody herbaceous scent with a hint of spice. This masculine scent is appreciated by all patchouli and sandalwood enthusiasts with purifying skin care properties too.

Balancing blend: Sandalwood, Amyris, Frankincense, Lavender, Ginger, Myrrh and Balsam. Has a deep, warm, soft, woody-balsamic scent with an earthy-green undertone. This blend is sure to give you the calm and confidence to tackle any occasion.

Bay Rum blend: Bay Rum, Orange, Patchouli, Lemon, Connamon, Sage, Cedarwood, Lime, Clove, Balsam and Frankincense. Has a full bodied citrus and spice scent with an exotic undertone from the bay run and balsamic oils. Our version of the popular men's aroma.

Thats only 3, there is 4 more, should i post the ingredients for the others? So everyone knows what is in it and are able to make suggestions on that?

EDIT: in all of my 23 years of life, i have yet to find ANYTHING i am allergic to, so i am not afraid to take my chances with an allergic reaction with these essential oils. I just need suggestions on what i could put these in

Sounds like a good idea. As they are already in a carrier oil theres little risk of adding too much. They will mix into most lotions with a bit of stirring, but if you put them in distilled witch hazel you will have to shake it well just before use.

Don't be afraid !!
I add EO's and FO's to a base of
Witch Hazel and Aloe Gel
for customized AfterShave splashes.
Do be careful with the amounts added, tho.
Especially the FO's.....they can burn. Trust me :mad:
Cuppa drops at a time and find the blends you like best.

i dumped a full vial into my Nivia Sensitive ASB, scent diddnt change at all, maybe when i rub it on i'll feel different.

BTW, how are the smells of the samples and how do the sample products work?

I've been eyeing Em's website for while and wondering how well her stuff works. The "skindicinal" caught my attention as my face is pretty sensitive and hard to deal with. Some of the other scents looked pretty good too. How did the cream and asb perform?

Top Bottom