What's new

Okay my RAD is dead...

Mods if you see me posting in the WTB forums can you please just delete the posts?!?! :lol:

Just ordered a Slant from West Coast Shaving. Can't wait for it to arrive!

I think I've gotten my routine down now and shouldn't need any new purchases.

Razor: Check -- HD and Slant
Blades: Check -- 7 o'clock Yellows and Feathers
Pre-Shave: Check -- Pre-Shave Oil
Shaving Cream: Check -- Proraso SC
Brush: Check -- Omega Boars (2)
Scuttle: Check -- Dirty Bird Brush Scuttle (Brown)
Aftershave: Check -- Aqua Velva (Blue)
Balm: Check -- Nivea Balm or Proraso Liquid Cream

Only thing in the realm of possibility I see on the horizon is trying Proraso Aftershave Splash and a higher grade Omega Boar brush with something other than a cheap plastic handle.

Now you need a silvertip brush I mean think of the fun you could have if you went to Badger brushes as well! :whistling: Not attempting a push in any way shape or form. No sir, not me.

Regards Grant

The Slant is a great razor without a doubt. But your RAD is not dead, in remission, maybe, but not dead. Trust me.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd

You're not kidding anyone. :lol:

Razor: Check -- HD and Slant

You don't even have a Gillette. Or an injector. Or a straight. :tongue_sm

Blades: Check -- 7 o'clock Yellows and Feathers

Where are the Derbies, IP's, and the rest?

Pre-Shave: Check -- Pre-Shave Oil

You can trade this for something more useful.

Shaving Cream: Check -- Proraso SC

One down, roughly fifty to go. :001_rolle

Brush: Check -- Omega Boars (2)

You'll note that the name of the site isn't Boar & Blade.

Scuttle: Check -- Dirty Bird Brush Scuttle (Brown)

More trade material.

Aftershave: Check -- Aqua Velva (Blue)

You have no idea what you're getting yourself into here.

Balm: Check -- Nivea Balm or Proraso Liquid Cream

See above.

Only thing in the realm of possibility I see on the horizon is trying Proraso Aftershave Splash and a higher grade Omega Boar brush with something other than a cheap plastic handle.

In about six months or so, you'll going to laugh at this post. :thumbup:

I started off expecting to have just one razor (Merkur Futur) and sticking to it, since then I've added a Slim, Super Speed, Slant and Fat Boy!

Shaving Creams seem to have multiplied too, Trumper Coconut, Edwin Jagger Sea Buckthorn, Acqua di Parma, TOBS etc.

Once you start it's very hard to stop!

Actually I've tried 10 or so types of blades. 4 Different Gillettes including slims, ss, flair tips, and the like. I've tried badger and boar brushes. The boars are stiffer which I like since I enjoy face lathering. I've tried several different creams and soaps. All the soaps dried out my skin and the other creams were too.. um.. frilly?

I originally started into the DE world to find a cheap alternative to cartridge shaving. I've now easily spent 5x the amount I would have spent on cartridges and goop in a can. Sure the shave is much more enjoyable, closer, and more comfortable, but it's still 5x the cost.

Oh I know I'm fooling myself and I'm not quite done yet, but I really need to get the spending under control and stick to the cheaper stuff. I don't see myself ever spending $200 on a brush.

Hmmm but now that you mention it I am looking closely at a PILS.

Runs off to the PILS website to drool over the pictures...

You should not even post things like that! One of our wives migh accidentaly stumble onto this site, and read a post like that and then it would be all over...Don't say things like that and for the sake of all of us....DO not put it in writing:lol:

That's what RAD does....It sleeps, hibernates until you least expect it.
When it wakes, well... it's hungry and needs feeding.
RAD can never be satisfied. It consumes all around it.....

...and it's great fun too!:w00t:

Enjoy the ride, your hip deep in it now.:001_cool:

You're not kidding anyone. :lol:

You don't even have a Gillette. Or an injector. Or a straight. :tongue_sm

Where are the Derbies, IP's, and the rest?

You can trade this for something more useful.

One down, roughly fifty to go. :001_rolle

You'll note that the name of the site isn't Boar & Blade.

More trade material.

You have no idea what you're getting yourself into here.

See above.

In about six months or so, you'll going to laugh at this post. :thumbup:

The perfect response. I wish I had said it. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I do have one boar brush though. However it happens to be a 92 year old Gillette brush in my Bulldog military set. :tongue_sm

Len

Your skills as a (shaving) Jedi are not complete. You need to make or restore a shaving brush with a Golden Nib knot. And you need to construct a butt ugly, but great shaving frankenrazor from the parts of the clunkers you've acquired. :)

I felt the same ..... until..... I tried a fatboy. If your now happy, don't try a fatboy.... repeat don't try a fatboy.

You can do it

Actually I've tried 10 or so types of blades. 4 Different Gillettes including slims, ss, flair tips, and the like. I've tried badger and boar brushes. The boars are stiffer which I like since I enjoy face lathering. I've tried several different creams and soaps. All the soaps dried out my skin and the other creams were too.. um.. frilly?

I originally started into the DE world to find a cheap alternative to cartridge shaving. I've now easily spent 5x the amount I would have spent on cartridges and goop in a can. Sure the shave is much more enjoyable, closer, and more comfortable, but it's still 5x the cost.

Oh I know I'm fooling myself and I'm not quite done yet, but I really need to get the spending under control and stick to the cheaper stuff. I don't see myself ever spending $200 on a brush.

Hmmm but now that you mention it I am looking closely at a PILS.

Runs off to the PILS website to drool over the pictures...

I'll stay on topic and just discuss razors....

Have you tried a GEM?

What about a Feather or Kai 'no-sharpen' type?

RAD is dead! Long live RAD!

(I thought mine was dead once when I got my 34C. Then I found my cased Slim for $10. Game. Over.)

pps: I just lost The Game.

It's not RAD if you actually "need" to have certain items to improve the quality of your shaving experience - like an adjustable, Superspeed, Krona, you know, just the basics........

You should not even post things like that! One of our wives migh accidentaly stumble onto this site, and read a post like that and then it would be all over...Don't say things like that and for the sake of all of us....DO not put it in writing:lol:

+10,000:thumbup1:

Top Bottom