What's new

Supermax Super Stainless Blades...

I have had good experiences with them. They are very inexpensive and are sharp and smooth enough to provide a good shave. There are better blades to be sure, but these will so the job.

I'm guessing from the packaging pictured in the review section that these are not the same blades as the Vidyut Super Max Stainless blades, right? I got some of those in a sample pack, and made it half way through 1 stroke (not halfway through 1 shave or even halfway through 1 pass) before I took the blade out and chucked it. Felt like trying to shave with a dull, rusty, serrated butter knife. It was awesome!:blink:Haven't had the heart to try another one yet.

Hey, if it works for you then enjoy. I get smooth shaves with the Vidyut Supermax Platinum blades, but not with the Super Stainless. I don't know why but they are not as good for me as the platinum coated variant.

S

siouxsie

I'm guessing from the packaging pictured in the review section that these are not the same blades as the Vidyut Super Max Stainless blades, right? I got some of those in a sample pack, and made it half way through 1 stroke (not halfway through 1 shave or even halfway through 1 pass) before I took the blade out and chucked it. Felt like trying to shave with a dull, rusty, serrated butter knife. It was awesome!:blink:Haven't had the heart to try another one yet.

Similar experience here. One of the worst blades ever for ME, easily.

There are three versions of Supermax blade in order of sharpness and price

1) Supermax Stainless - Dull barely good for a shave or two - on the rough side. Not a personal favorite
2) Supermax Super Stainless - Sharp and smooth blade for 2-3 shaves. A notch below the Indian 7 O'Clock Permasharp Green
3) Supermax Platinum - Smooth coated blade. Does a fine job and lasts 2-3 shaves

There are three versions of Supermax blade in order of sharpness and price

1) Supermax Stainless - Dull barely good for a shave or two - on the rough side. Not a personal favorite
2) Supermax Super Stainless - Sharp and smooth blade for 2-3 shaves. A notch below the Indian 7 O'Clock Permasharp Green
3) Supermax Platinum - Smooth coated blade. Does a fine job and lasts 2-3 shaves

Where does the Supermax Blue Diamond fit in your list? I find the Stainless are good on the first shave, great on the seond, but can't finish a third. The Blue Diamond seems like it's not as sharp, but the edge lasts 4-5 shaves for me.

Edit: The Supermax Stainless blades I picked up aren't labeled Vidyut, or have the yellow/red package I've seen around. These are mine:
full

I don't have a pic of the blue diamond blades at the moment, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where does the Supermax Blue Diamond fit in your list? I find the Stainless are good on the first shave, great on the seond, but can't finish a third

My take - Supermax has these three basic flavors which they circulate around the world in different packaging and names as per the market.

Supermax is one of the largest selling blades in India. Go to any store and you will surely find the stainless blade in a brown color packing.

There are others like Sunrise too which again I believe is either the Super Stainless or the Platinum repackaged.

EDIT : I looked up the Blue Diamond on ebay and they are platinum coated, so I am of the opinion that they are the same as the platinum re branded. We do not get any Super max blade in the plastic case and packaging.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. I will see what they are like. But if they are pants at .69p including delivery I can afford to toss them.

I had a shave with one of these last night and as already said they seem to be about on par with a Derby Extra. I got DFS easily and I imagine that if I had spent a little more time it could have been BBS.

Its great to read about how people find different blades, i tried these and did not like them at all, but as always there are loads who do:laugh:

Its great to read about how people find different blades, i tried these and did not like them at all, but as always there are loads who do:laugh:

Yes it is amazing how these things differ from person to person. Last night I went back over to Derbys and frankly I now rate these higher than Derbys.

While I don't rate the Supermax SS very high it seems to be a usefull blade (like so many others) at low cost. It tugs a bit but I can get irritation free and rather close shaves with them. It is also about the cheapest blade I can buy locally so that makes them interesting too.

Not a blade to go out of your way for but worth a try when you can get them easily!

Among the Indian blades, Supermax and Wilkinson are probably the best. I have not tried the 7o'clock blades. The worst Indian blades are Vidyut, Laser (inspite of the name!) and Topaz. Supermax is sharp and smooth and gives many shaves. Indian Wilkinson is sharp but a little rough and does not give as many shaves as Supermax. Nothing to beat the Supermax value pack of 20 blades.

I just shaved with the SuperMax Super Stainless and found them to quite good. To me, they shave better than many blades I've used. Surprisingly, I would rate them slightly better than Super+ Platinums (a.k.a. IP), a little sharper but just as smooth. That's really good considering they can be bought for almost 1/2 the price.

I just shaved with the SuperMax Super Stainless and found them to quite good. To me, they shave better than many blades I've used. Surprisingly, I would rate them slightly better than Super+ Platinums (a.k.a. IP), a little sharper but just as smooth. That's really good considering they can be bought for almost 1/2 the price.

There are new additions to the Supermax family in my online store.

I am setting up the logistics and paypal modules and soon expect to officially open in the Vendor corner.

Top Bottom