What's new

Old Spice Talc?

So, I just bought a bunch of OS stuff. Aftershave, mug, and talc.

However, I have no idea what this talc stuff is. I get the idea that it is some sort of aftershave type thing. But how exactly do I use it?

Is it effective?

I bought a bottle of OS (Shulton!) talc recently at an antique store.

The woman who worked there probably wondered why I was checking to see if it was full.

How did you check to see if it was full? I cannot seem to take off the cover (the one that limits it to a tiny opening).

I have a big tin of Lilac Vegetal Talc (flesh colored, not white) that I use for just that (and other things).

proxy.php

I found this bottle of talc in a flea market in Mexico city, sadly, it was empty but its a very nice bottle for my witch hazel anyway

proxy.php

The Label Reads "Old Spice, Talco para hombres, shulton de Mexico sa"

proxy.php

If you try it as an after shave I will like to know how it was :thumbup1:

Last edited:
How did you check to see if it was full? I cannot seem to take off the cover (the one that limits it to a tiny opening).

I could actually see talc through the opening, pretty close to the top of the jar. Plus it still had the cardboard 'cover' over the opening. For all I know, it's NOS.

Great scent! :thumbup1:

brush it on your neck just like they do at the barber shop. I would assume that otherwise you'd use it like you would.. um, powder.

The back of my bottle clearly states:

"Sprinkle small amount on the hand and apply to face after shaving for a smooth, mat finish."

Thanks everyone for the answers.

Especially that book that Phil linked to, that was an interesting read.

I tried out the talc and as far as I could tell it was helpful but not more so than my normal aftershaves.

The back of my bottle clearly states:

"Sprinkle small amount on the hand and apply to face after shaving for a smooth, mat finish."

I do that with my Pinaud Clubman talc. Scent is great, feeling is better. As an added bonus, it keeps my neck from getting irritated by heat or friction from my, sometimes, too-tight collars! :laugh:

Top Bottom