What's new

lesson learned now shared

I recently acquired an injector razor with no blade in it, after fighting to get a blade inserted I proceeded to shave with it, not in the least bit uncomfortable just a terrible shave 3 passes to remove what one pass would remove with any other razor, I acquired another injector with an old blade in it and inserted a new blade in it and the blade went in much easier. It got me to wondering if I may have munged up the blade I inserted into the empty razor, so I tried inserting a new blade into it and low and behold the blade went in much easier and the razor shaved on par with any of my double edged razors, so my advice to anyone purchasing an injector razor if it has no blade in it don't shave with the first blade you insert in it, instead treat it as the blank blade that originally came with the razor install a second blade which should go in more smoothly and it should shave properly

Now I know what my grandfather was talking about all those years ago. My grandmother would "clean" his razor and remove the blade. He always had hell getting the new blade in, now I understand why. (He would always make a big fuss about it just for us kids)

God rest his soul, I miss him.

JoshD

No the razor was perfectly clean, I believe the original razors came with a blank blade inserted as a spacer and each blade replacement acted as a spacer and with no blade in the razor the razor's insertion slot was improperly aligned to get a blade in properly.

Onthe one injector I got it was tricky putting the blade in.The one with the blade no prob. Maybe be a spring tension thing. dunno I'm a nube.

bob.e,

Thanks for the advice. I have a hard time loading my Injector. I bought several Personna Injector key/blades off eBay and they didn't seem to load the razor properly. After the initial blade, I just kinda put my Injector to the back of my shave drawer. I need to pull it out and give it another go.

DL

bob.e,

Thanks for the advice. I have a hard time loading my Injector. I bought several Personna Injector key/blades off eBay and they didn't seem to load the razor properly. After the initial blade, I just kinda put my Injector to the back of my shave drawer. I need to pull it out and give it another go.

DL
I don't know about vintage Personna injector blades, but the later ones made by ASR have alignment problems. The pack must often be twisted one way or the other (I forget which way) to get the blade to line up corrrectly with the razor. I never had a problem with the Schick branded ones, US, German, or Chinese.

-Clarke

The injectors bought from CVS,etc are made by ASRC and all made of plastic except of course the blades. But I have had the experience where the whole case comes apart. Also some injector razor have a slide clip that separates the the head for easy cleaning.

I don't know about vintage Personna injector blades, but the later ones made by ASR have alignment problems. The pack must often be twisted one way or the other (I forget which way) to get the blade to line up corrrectly with the razor. I never had a problem with the Schick branded ones, US, German, or Chinese.

-Clarke

I loaded a blade last night and found that I did have to twist the key slightly to load the next blade. By twisting the key, it opened the head enough to allow the new blade to slide in. All in all it seems to be awkward to load a blade.

DL

I loaded a blade last night and found that I did have to twist the key slightly to load the next blade. By twisting the key, it opened the head enough to allow the new blade to slide in. All in all it seems to be awkward to load a blade.

DL
Like I said, the actual Schick cartridges do not have that issue. They load quite easily.

-Clarke

Top Bottom