What's new

Quality English/Metric Digital Scale

Guys,

I'm sure it's been covered elsewhere (and appropriate links are welcome) but I'm in the market for a nice digital scale, capable of weights as high as 1-2 pounds. My analog kitchen scale just doesn't cut it when accuracy is needed. Under $50 would be nice. Under $25 would be better.

Thanks in advance.
(Mods: move me if I'm in the wrong forum)

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Bill, one to avoid is anything on FleaBay that looks like this .. battery supplied was DOA, it lost the Tenths display after two uses. Their "Lifetime" warranty is a fraud. So now I just round up, whch works for postage but not for other things ..

If I was to get a do over, I think I'd wander down to the Post Office & pick up one from them.

proxy.php
Anything Salter. Seriously, you will not find better.

Yes Salter or Hanson.

Don't know if Hanson is available in the US.

+3 to Salter!

I've got these. They're great for calculating postage as well as baking...handy that you can zero after adding your bowl and then add each ingredient :001_smile

Bill, one to avoid is anything on FleaBay that looks like this .. battery supplied was DOA, it lost the Tenths display after two uses. Their "Lifetime" warranty is a fraud. So now I just round up, whch works for postage but not for other things ..

If I was to get a do over, I think I'd wander down to the Post Office & pick up one from them.

Gary, noted! :glare:

As a LEO I just have to ask......what exactly are you weighing?

Illegal substances and stolen jewelry :lol:
Why razors, of course! :thumbup: OK, and packages and occasional kitchen use.

Anything Salter. Seriously, you will not find better.

Seems Salter is the strong choice! Have already scoped a few at BB&B.
Thank you gentlemen.

I don't even need a kitchen scale, but now that I have seen those Salter ones I feel compelled to buy one. Maybe I can get one to match my razors.

I have the Salter Aquatronic. I never use its weight--> volume calculator, but it's a great scale. It goes up to 5 kg in 2 gram increments and has a button on the front to switch units.

It's quite nice looking, too:
proxy.php

I own a Solhne scale that I purchased from Amazon. Extremely accurate, durable, and cleans easy. Goes up to 5k. I have only changed the battery once in the 4 years I have owned it. Mine has a stainless steel top.

I have the Salter Aquatronic. I never use its weight--> volume calculator, but it's a great scale. It goes up to 5 kg in 2 gram increments and has a button on the front to switch units.

It's quite nice looking, too:
proxy.php

That is the exact scale that I have. I like it a lot. My only gripes are that it can be hard to clean the underside if you manage to get flour on the bottom and I'm always wary of getting liquids on the buttons. I think I paid under $30 for it a Sur La Table, it was on sale.

You could always pick up a new hobby that requires a scale, such as tea or soap making :wink:

Or baking. It's so much easier and more accurate weigh your ingredients when you are baking vs using volume measurements.

Forgot to post sooner. My wife knew I was looking for a good scale and showed up with this "The Biggest Loser" model (I didn't take the name personally) from BB&B for $19.99. So far, it seems to work great!

proxy.php

Forgot to post sooner. My wife knew I was looking for a good scale and showed up with this "The Biggest Loser" model (I didn't take the name personally) from BB&B for $19.99. So far, it seems to work great!

proxy.php

The name is pretty funny.

Does the top come off? It looks like its pretty easy to clean.

Top Bottom