What's new

Quality English/Metric Digital Scale

The name is pretty funny.

Does the top come off? It looks like its pretty easy to clean.

I hadn't even thought to check until you posted this, Shawn! Yes, the whole top comes off easily (the glass is attached to the center post).

One thing to keep in mind is the resolution of a scale. I use mine for cooking and baking, more often for baking. My Salter scale is has a 5g resolution, which is pretty annoying. I would really prefer a 1g resolution. That 5g is actually 10g because you have to guess as you get closer as to are you there, short or over? Fast response time is nice too.

I have a Salter Aquatronic at home. It is meh. We have several nice (and I mean nice!) balances where I work. The non-scientific one is an iBalance 500 (25g, 0.1g resolution) that works very well - bought from Old Will Knott. When I buy my next home scale if/when my current one stops working, I will pick one up from there, probably similar to the MyWeigh KD series.

One thing to keep in mind is the resolution of a scale. I use mine for cooking and baking, more often for baking. My Salter scale is has a 5g resolution, which is pretty annoying. I would really prefer a 1g resolution. That 5g is actually 10g because you have to guess as you get closer as to are you there, short or over? Fast response time is nice too.

I have a Salter Aquatronic at home. It is meh. We have several nice (and I mean nice!) balances where I work. The non-scientific one is an iBalance 500 (25g, 0.1g resolution) that works very well - bought from Old Will Knott. When I buy my next home scale if/when my current one stops working, I will pick one up from there, probably similar to the MyWeigh KD series.

I haven't checked the scale's resolution but for our current style of cooking and baking, it shouldn't be an issue. Your model suggestions are great - thanks so much, Dennis.

Thats good news Bill. It annoys me to no end that my scale doesn't break down for easy cleaning.

Those are all good points Dennis.

"Illegal substances and stolen jewelry" (I haven't figured how to do the quotes thing yet" .............Love it!! Great sense of humour Texbilly. There is a tool place that has everything and some of their lifetime warranty stuff is pretty good. Harborfreight.com. I have bought a lot of tools for heavy equipment, ranch work, etc. If you email their Tech. folks they are good about telling you what is good. Some of the stuff is too light and other is outstanding for a fraction of the cost.

Top Bottom