What's new

Opulence in Cary NC

I got a call from the folks at Opulence in Salt Box Village in Cary, NC and they have re-opened over near the Ace Hardware. They have expanded their mens inventory and now carry straight razors!! I have not had a chance to get over there but will be sure to visit tomorrow and report back.

Stop in and check it out!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Used to live in Cary and in Apex. I know exactly where you mean.

I'll have to stop by next time I'm in town.

I'm so glad to hear that Opulence has re-opened in the same general vicinity. They were (and I suppose still are) my local source for all things Proraso. I went by there a few weeks ago to pick up some AS, but only saw an empty storefront. I looked around but couldn't see a new location. Disappointed, I went home empty handed.

I called them to see if they were still open the other day and found out that, due to a fire in one of their neighbor's stores, they had to relocate to their new location. Nice folks, and I'm glad to hear that their shaving section has expanded!

I stopped in this morning and viola, they have straight razors!! They are Edwin Jaggers and look pretty nice. Anyway, they have a lot of nice aftershaves and soaps.

I stopped in today and they've done a nice job of setting up in that tiny store. Unfortunately, the one thing I wanted--Castle Forbes Preshave--isn't available. Actually that's not strictly true--they have it in a CF starter kit. However, they told me that they'd look into getting it, so I'm waiting.

Other than a nice selection of CF, they have some EJ, Musgo Real and Proraso items too.

We drive through the Cary, NC area occaisionally! I'll have to stop and find out where it is! Loading up on some goodies sounds good to me.

I am about an hour away from Cary and I have a friend that lives there. I plan on taking a trip there within the next 2 weeks. I checked out the website, and it looks like there is enough stuff there to keep my wife occupied for about an hour so I can browse the shaving area. lol

I stopped by there today to pick up some things and chatted with the lady working there. She's heard of this forum before and actually mentioned it first. She said that they're looking to increase the size of their men's grooming items, and include Jack Black in their lineup. She even threw in samples for me in the bag, all from Edwin Jagger -- Sandalwood and Sea Buckhorn shaving cream and an Aloe Vera aftershave lotion.

They appear to be good people, and I'd rather support a local brick and mortar rather than a random website, especially when the prices are a wash. The only bad thing is that the only blades that they offer are Derbys at 5 for $5.

I stopped by there today to pick up some things and chatted with the lady working there. She's heard of this forum before and actually mentioned it first. She said that they're looking to increase the size of their men's grooming items, and include Jack Black in their lineup. She even threw in samples for me in the bag, all from Edwin Jagger -- Sandalwood and Sea Buckhorn shaving cream and an Aloe Vera aftershave lotion.

They appear to be good people, and I'd rather support a local brick and mortar rather than a random website, especially when the prices are a wash. The only bad thing is that the only blades that they offer are Derbys at 5 for $5.

HA! I was in there yesterday (see my post in the RDU shaving thread). I agree, I'd just as soon support a local B&M as order online if the prices are close... but as you said, some of them were WAY overpriced, while others seemed competitive. I too got a sample of the EJ stuff. To my nose, the Sea Buckthorn ASB smells just like a perfectly ripe peach - do you agree?

I too talked up B&B to her. She must think that there's some kind of underground pipeline among us B&B'ers now!

Where is Cary?

OK, I'm being half-serious. I've never been there, and have always been told that C-A-R-Y is an acronym for something.

Where is Cary?

OK, I'm being half-serious. I've never been there, and have always been told that C-A-R-Y is an acronym for something.

"Concentrated Area of Relocated Yankees":lol::lol::lol:

(...ducking and hoping no one will notice that I'm just another carpetbagger myself...)

"Concentrated Area of Relocated Yankees":lol::lol::lol:

(...ducking and hoping no one will notice that I'm just another carpetbagger myself...)

:lol::lol::lol: That's what I have always been told. Hey, there are plenty of good Yankees out there, and I'd rather have them than some of those Scalawags in Raleigh. :thumbup1:

Yeah, they don't have the aftershave splash, they have the tube shaving cream, aftershave balm/milk, preshave oil, body lotion, two colognes, soap on a rope and the fancy lime soap. I mentioned to her that "people like us" (read crazy people that tried to save money by going to DE shaving to save money haha) tend to buy the whole system, not just a part or two, and the lady was going to look into it. They're *really* pushing the Jack Black stuff, which I'm not familiar with.

Top Bottom