What's new

Recommend your favorite shampoo

Shampoo? Well I don't have much hair to wash so it's usually Lynx Shower Gel for bathtimes. Just wash everywhere including my bonce and i'm done.

For everyday I just have a quick lick of the flannel and a bit of whatever soap I'm using. Usually some Wrights Traditional Coal Tar or Imperial Leather soap.

I guess the only time I actually use any real Shampoo is perhaps once a week or fortnight when I crop my hair with my clippers and wash it with NEUTROGENA T-GEL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-Gel

proxy.php

The T-Gel has a small amount of Coal Tar in it and is very very good at keeping dandruff / psoriasis etc., at bay which is perhaps the main reason why I keep my hair cropped short anyway.

With my regular regimen of a quick rub of the soap on my head each day and this ever week/two weeks my hair and the overall condition of my scalp is pretty good.

Suave...or the store brand of Suave for under a buck. :laugh:

My wife uses pricier stuff and CLAIMS she can tell a difference, but my hair is soft and not falling out at all and I've been using the cheapest stuff I can buy for my whole life.

I'd rather put those funds in blades and AS instead of something I rinse off immediately.

I use Alpecin Doppel Effekt It's made in Germany and goes for about 6 Euros a bottle. It's supposed to be formulated against dandruff and hair loss. It works for me and has a rather nice scent (IMO)

Shawn

Is it just me, or do the bulk of responses to this thread indicate most people either didn't read the original post, or didn't understand it?

Fair enough, let's be utterly clear about this ;-)

My favorite shampoo: Mama Bear's Rosemary Mint
My advice for a fussy retrosexual: Mama Bear's Rosemary Mint

;-)

although these come in plastic bottles they arent found in stores...I like crew products and Tea Tree by Paul Mitchell...natural scent and gives the scalp a little tingle too.

What is a retrosexual anyway? Someone who wishes he had sex yesterday?

Edit: Never mind. I looked it up. It's someone who used to get laid on a regular basis whose prospects have since dried up.

Last edited:
Shampoo? Well I don't have much hair to wash so it's usually Lynx Shower Gel for bathtimes. Just wash everywhere including my bonce and i'm done.

For everyday I just have a quick lick of the flannel and a bit of whatever soap I'm using. Usually some Wrights Traditional Coal Tar or Imperial Leather soap.

I guess the only time I actually use any real Shampoo is perhaps once a week or fortnight when I crop my hair with my clippers and wash it with NEUTROGENA T-GEL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-Gel

proxy.php

The T-Gel has a small amount of Coal Tar in it and is very very good at keeping dandruff / psoriasis etc., at bay which is perhaps the main reason why I keep my hair cropped short anyway.

With my regular regimen of a quick rub of the soap on my head each day and this ever week/two weeks my hair and the overall condition of my scalp is pretty good.

I had dandruff all of my life (I'm 32 now). And I've found that the T-Gel used to work great to keep it at bay, but it dried out my scalp too and I still had few flakes here and there.

When I was traveling around Tasmania last year I've came across a shampoo/condition bar. Pretty much a soap, after using I don't have a single speck of dandruff, awesome stuff and my skin feels great too. I clip my hair to 0, so I can't tell what it would be like to work with hair or what kind of effect/look it would leave behind. But my scalp has never felt better. I also like the smell of the Beer shampoo bar. The packaging is nice too, thick recycled paper sachet that can be used for storing the bar when traveling.

http://thurlbyherb.com.au/wshop/ind...id=125&zenid=d17b55a470a1ebd836f02534aad3665d

proxy.php

Lush Squeaky Green

It's a solid shampoo that is handmade with all-natural ingredients. During the warmer months, I get greasy semi-smelly hair by the end of the day and this is the only shampoo that keeps my head fresh all day. If you don't have that problem, I still recommend the other solid shampoos. As an added bonus, they travel very well and last a very long time.

Drop into a store, tell them what kind of hair you have, and they'll hook you up or just look online.

Lush Solid Shampoos

Anyone know a store where I can buy the clubman shampoo not online? Do any wallgreens CVS or department stores Carry this?

Thanks for the answers, guys. I'm going to start with a bottle of Clubman, on the theory of using the cheapest stuff that works for you. If I'm not sold on that after a bottle, I'm going to try the Mama Bear rosemary mint or the Nancy Boy, as soon as I get ready to buy a few other things to fill out the order.

Top Bottom