What's new

New TOBS dried out?

I ordered some lemon lime TOBS from Amazon. What should the fresh consistency be? It seems kind of dried out with some cracks around the edges. Kind of the consistency of vegetable shortening. Seems dried out to me but I have never bought tub cream before. Is this normal?

Hi! i have noticed that in the past year TOBS makes a more consistent cream , it used to be really soft....now....it shouldnt have cracks AT ALL, that is a clear sign of the cream being dry.....i personally like the thicker consistency....you need less to achieve huge amounts of lather......
what everybody else says......?

Sounds like you may have gotten an old tub that might have dried out a bit. If the scent is still strong, I'd give it a try and see what the performance is like. It probably should be fine, but if you're not satisfied I'd ask for a refund and/or another tub.

I recently ordered two tubs of TOBS cream. One Eton College, the other Mr. Taylors. The Eton College was all marshmellowy white, moist and gooey and smelled wonderful from the tub.

The Mr. Taylors looked kind of dried out, ever so slightly brown/beige colored, with tiny cracks on the side, with not much smell. I was worried it had gone bad.

Well, once I lathered up with both I found that they were both excellent and even the Mr. Taylors smelled wonderful.

So despite the presentation, the performance for both was excellent. I guessed at the time that the Mr. Taylor's was just an older tub that had been sitting around too long. Maybe TOBS needs to work on their packaging a bit to ensure they are better sealed.

But at any rate, like I said, it didn't matter that one was dried out a bit in the end.

Here's a photo. Not much of a lemon lime scent either; it just smells like soap.
proxy.php

Well, that tub doesn't exactly look like it's the newest batch out of the factory, but I'd still give it a shot and see how it performs. If you're not happy, I'd contact the vendor for a replacement or refund.

Top Bottom