What's new

cowboy boots.....yes or no?

I used to wear cowboy boots back in the day when I "worked" for a living but J&Ms and AEs have since taken the place. However I find myself yearning for another pair and I'm wondering what everyones take is on them. I'm not talking "Dog the Bounty Hunter snakeskins" but something a little more conservative.

TheShaun

Bejeweled
I have a hankerin' for some conservative square toe cowboy boots that i can wear with jeans. Haven't seen what I'm looking for though. Maybe something like this. Ariat Rambler
proxy.php

Last edited:
I have a hankerin' for some conservative square toe cowboy boots that i can wear with jeans. Haven't seen what I'm looking for though. Maybe something like this. Ariat Rambler
proxy.php

You know I've noticed that a lot of companys are coming out with square toe boots rather that the "roach stompers" that I'm accustomed to. I like them.....if you get a pair let me know how they are. I love boots because the heel really seems to make my sore back feel better.

boots seem to be pretty common place around these parts. Ariat boots are reasonable. I have a pair similar to the picture above and they are comfortable enough. Took awhile to break in, I have a high in-step. Once they were broken in though, just as comfortable as tennis shoes for me. I don't work in these, just casual wear when I don't feel like lacing up shoes.

Like some other shoes on the market Ariat has some special insoles, or torsion control, whatever tech-in-a-boot feature in their boots. Some make like that, some don't care for it. Kinda like getting a pair of Cole Haan shoes after Nike got ahold of them versus some of their older styles with just plain ol' wood and leather soles.

I paid under $100 for them. So for what I paid for, they are a nice boot. They aren't Lucchese by any means, but might satisfy your momentary desire for boots.

Why not? I used to have a good pair of Tony Lamas... until the ex snaked them. She didn't lift any of my other shoes, though.

Cowboy boots are uniquely American - there's no shame in enjoying them. I really should pick up another pair one of these days.

I wear steel toe, steel plate hi top work boots (Red Wings) everywhere I go, even if I'm running or biking. Even if I'm wearing shorts. People either look at me like there's something wrong with me, or they're envious that I have the guts to wear them.

I do have a really nice, rather expensive pair of cowboy boots that I picked up when visiting Texas 20 years ago (!)
I bought them because we made a trip to a bootery, and everyone else was buying them. They are the most comfortable anything I've ever put on my feet. I wear them if I have to dress up. Round here, this is not normal. No one ever seems to notice though. I even wore them to my wedding. I'd probably wear them a lot more except I don't want to wear them out. If I had to buy another pair I'd probably want to go all the way to Texas to get them. And then, I might not come back.

Does anyone else call them s---kickers? I wonder what part of the country this term comes from. I'm not sure anyone else around these parts knows what that term means, and I don't know where I picked it up.

Once they are worn for a while and broken in , they are extrmely comfortable. I wear mine just about every day.

I love Red Wings. I used to wear Walmart steel toe boots, Wolverines, Dickies, CAT, etc. Always hated them too but I had to wear them for work. Until I bought Red Wings. My feet are smooth were once there calluses and my feet don't get tired like they used to either.

I wear steel toe, steel plate hi top work boots (Red Wings) everywhere I go, even if I'm running or biking. Even if I'm wearing shorts. People either look at me like there's something wrong with me, or they're envious that I have the guts to wear them.

I do have a really nice, rather expensive pair of cowboy boots that I picked up when visiting Texas 20 years ago (!)
I bought them because we made a trip to a bootery, and everyone else was buying them. They are the most comfortable anything I've ever put on my feet. I wear them if I have to dress up. Round here, this is not normal. No one ever seems to notice though. I even wore them to my wedding. I'd probably wear them a lot more except I don't want to wear them out. If I had to buy another pair I'd probably want to go all the way to Texas to get them. And then, I might not come back.

Does anyone else call them s---kickers? I wonder what part of the country this term comes from. I'm not sure anyone else around these parts knows what that term means, and I don't know where I picked it up.

I don't own any, not really my style. Around here in Texas though, you can wear them with pretty much anything... other than shorts, I guess.

I know plenty of guys that wear cowboy boots with a suit and look perfectly normal.

Top Bottom