Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cowboy boots.....yes or no?

Default cowboy boots.....yes or no?

I used to wear cowboy boots back in the day when I "worked" for a living but J&Ms and AEs have since taken the place. However I find myself yearning for another pair and I'm wondering what everyones take is on them. I'm not talking "Dog the Bounty Hunter snakeskins" but something a little more conservative.

of course, they're always acceptable down here

Quote Originally Posted by Telecaster52 View Post
    of course, they're always acceptable down here
    You're just saying that cause of the state!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramblin-wreck View Post
    You're just saying that cause of the state!!
    well, there is that...

But i've got a hankerin for another pair myself

well, there is that...

But i've got a hankerin for another pair myself
    Good, I'm glad to know it's not just me! I really want a pair of the cayman Tony Lama's but my wife would have a fit if I spent $500 on a pair of boots that she hates!!

Heck, i'd be fine with a $100 pair of justin's

Oh don't worry.......I'll be doing good to get those!

I have a hankerin' for some conservative square toe cowboy boots that i can wear with jeans. Haven't seen what I'm looking for though. Maybe something like this. Ariat Rambler
    Last edited by TheShaun; 05-15-2010 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShaun View Post
    I have a hankerin' for some conservative square toe cowboy boots that i can wear with jeans. Haven't seen what I'm looking for though. Maybe something like this. Ariat Rambler
    You know I've noticed that a lot of companys are coming out with square toe boots rather that the "roach stompers" that I'm accustomed to. I like them.....if you get a pair let me know how they are. I love boots because the heel really seems to make my sore back feel better.

10. Default

Yes... boots rock

Images

boots seem to be pretty common place around these parts. Ariat boots are reasonable. I have a pair similar to the picture above and they are comfortable enough. Took awhile to break in, I have a high in-step. Once they were broken in though, just as comfortable as tennis shoes for me. I don't work in these, just casual wear when I don't feel like lacing up shoes.

Like some other shoes on the market Ariat has some special insoles, or torsion control, whatever tech-in-a-boot feature in their boots. Some make like that, some don't care for it. Kinda like getting a pair of Cole Haan shoes after Nike got ahold of them versus some of their older styles with just plain ol' wood and leather soles.

I paid under $100 for them. So for what I paid for, they are a nice boot. They aren't Lucchese by any means, but might satisfy your momentary desire for boots.
    -Michael

Why not? I used to have a good pair of Tony Lamas... until the ex snaked them. She didn't lift any of my other shoes, though.

Cowboy boots are uniquely American - there's no shame in enjoying them. I really should pick up another pair one of these days.

Is that all I'm worth is $100. Well damn lol

-Justin

Quote Originally Posted by faster_than_u View Post
    Is that all I'm worth is $100. Well damn lol
    Well, technically i said PAIR, so you're only worth $50 alone

Images

I still wear them when I'm not meeting with clients. I find boots comfortable.

I wear steel toe, steel plate hi top work boots (Red Wings) everywhere I go, even if I'm running or biking. Even if I'm wearing shorts. People either look at me like there's something wrong with me, or they're envious that I have the guts to wear them.

I do have a really nice, rather expensive pair of cowboy boots that I picked up when visiting Texas 20 years ago (!)
    I bought them because we made a trip to a bootery, and everyone else was buying them. They are the most comfortable anything I've ever put on my feet. I wear them if I have to dress up. Round here, this is not normal. No one ever seems to notice though. I even wore them to my wedding. I'd probably wear them a lot more except I don't want to wear them out. If I had to buy another pair I'd probably want to go all the way to Texas to get them. And then, I might not come back.

Does anyone else call them s---kickers? I wonder what part of the country this term comes from. I'm not sure anyone else around these parts knows what that term means, and I don't know where I picked it up.
    Life should be a poetry: a pretty, pretty tree.
    Words have their meanings to help you understand and say what you mean.

Default comfort

I like them as well as country music but never saw anyone who looked comfortable in them. Maybe I'm wrong though.
    Joe
    www.shaveabuck.com Shaving Supplies Retailer/Vendor
    Importers of Lea, Rose of Bulgaria, Figaro, Barbon and Cadet Razors.

Once they are worn for a while and broken in , they are extrmely comfortable. I wear mine just about every day.
    Paul
    Steward for Safety Razor Forum

I love Red Wings. I used to wear Walmart steel toe boots, Wolverines, Dickies, CAT, etc. Always hated them too but I had to wear them for work. Until I bought Red Wings. My feet are smooth were once there calluses and my feet don't get tired like they used to either.

Quote Originally Posted by Gammon View Post
    I wear steel toe, steel plate hi top work boots (Red Wings) everywhere I go, even if I'm running or biking. Even if I'm wearing shorts. People either look at me like there's something wrong with me, or they're envious that I have the guts to wear them.

I do have a really nice, rather expensive pair of cowboy boots that I picked up when visiting Texas 20 years ago (!)
    I bought them because we made a trip to a bootery, and everyone else was buying them. They are the most comfortable anything I've ever put on my feet. I wear them if I have to dress up. Round here, this is not normal. No one ever seems to notice though. I even wore them to my wedding. I'd probably wear them a lot more except I don't want to wear them out. If I had to buy another pair I'd probably want to go all the way to Texas to get them. And then, I might not come back.

Does anyone else call them s---kickers? I wonder what part of the country this term comes from. I'm not sure anyone else around these parts knows what that term means, and I don't know where I picked it up.
    Bill

Ever Conceal, Never Reveal

I don't own any, not really my style. Around here in Texas though, you can wear them with pretty much anything... other than shorts, I guess.

I know plenty of guys that wear cowboy boots with a suit and look perfectly normal.