What's new

Any polish/method that is safe on the "Gold Wash" on str8??

Does anyone know of any polish/method that is safe on the gold wash on the face or spine of many str8 razors these days? I know that MAAS takes it right off.

Inputs will be appreciated :thumbup1:

Thanks,
-Robert

glad you asked the question, i was wondering the same thing, so it appears a good thing that i prefer an unmarked blade and it will not be so difficult for me to remove it.

THis may be a "try at your own risk" but i found a very mild silver polish that works great on gold plating as long as you don't scub it in and just do a mild polish with it. Its called Wright's silver cream and it can be found at walmart. You may want to try it on something old first

THis may be a "try at your own risk" but i found a very mild silver polish that works great on gold plating as long as you don't scub it in and just do a mild polish with it. Its called Wright's silver cream and it can be found at walmart. You may want to try it on something old first

Thanks..Worth to take a look and try. I'll give it a shot

Robert

glad you asked the question, i was wondering the same thing, so it appears a good thing that i prefer an unmarked blade and it will not be so difficult for me to remove it.

You are smarter than me :001_smile my friend. But I've got 2 that I need to figure out what to do with (as far as polish)

Robert

Ian,
Are you kiddin'?...no offense was taken my friend, but thank you for the concern...It's nice to know that there are people that still care about others :thumbup1:. I know it's hard to read ones emotions online. But, I meant what I said: You are smart to stay away from Gold washes...without them, the razors are much easier to polish

Cheers,
Robert

I Hope you were not offended by my post, I was sincere in my thanks as i posted the complete flip side of that question a few days ago and was merely thanking you.:001_smile

Ian

thanks i appreciate your reply, i really do appreciate all the support and information on this site and always try to make sure my wording comes across as intended. this is a rare community here and i want to do my part to maintain the civility.

thanks again
Ian

Has anyone tried those ultrasonic jewelry cleaners?
I've seen them at Bed Bath and Beyond, and I believe they're supposed to be very gentle.

Hi Pelicano,
I heard about them too...but, I am somehow a little hesitant to use it. I think the Gold Wash on these razors is rather "soft" and ultrasounds may just rip the wash right off, albeit gently (unless, someone has already figured the time cycle)...But even then, I think it may be additive effect.

I saw this post just today

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=149131

Robert

Has anyone tried those ultrasonic jewelry cleaners?
I've seen them at Bed Bath and Beyond, and I believe they're supposed to be very gentle.

Top Bottom