What's new

Proraso is da bomb

I tried Proraso green for the first time last night and WOW! :w00t:

I think I can honestly say..... "F--- the puck!" Who needs soap when this can be used???!!!

The smell is different..but I really like it. The cooling sensation is awesome!

I just squeezed out a pea sized amount onto my wet hands and rubbed them together to form mucho lather. I applied to my face and achieved one of my smoothest closest shaves yet. This stuff moisturized my face so well that I didn't need any Nivea ASB. I just slapped on some Dominica Bay Rum and was done. My face is still feeling smooth and my complexion actually looks brighter...I LOOK younger! :thumbup1:

Proraso rocks and I plan to bump this to the top of list as my daily "go to". :thumbup:

Proraso = greatness.

Be sure to follow it up with Osage Rub.

NOW you're talking!:thumbup1: The only thing that comes close is Godrej Menthol Mist (also a cream) followed up by some Osage Rub and then finished off with Aqua Velva - for a double-whammy of menthol goodness!!:thumbup:

Totally agree.

Proraso was my biggest "suprise" in all of the products my ADs have brought me. Cheap, but honestly the best performing cream I have ever tried. It should be a mandatory purchase for all new to traditional wetshaving.

Proraso is a top product. Omega comes second for menthol cooling then Godrej.

I strongly recommend you face lather Proraso with a brush. It will increase the amount of time the stuff is on your face.:thumbup1:

Excellent cream! Try a mix of Proraso and VDH for an even more amazing result.

That's exactly what I used this morning. :thumbup:

I was trying out a new brush and it gave me the oppurtunity to work with soaps ands creams at the same time. Plus, the Proraso helps combat the 'new brush badger funk'. :biggrin1:

NOW you're talking!:thumbup1: The only thing that comes close is Godrej Menthol Mist (also a cream) followed up by some Osage Rub and then finished off with Aqua Velva - for a double-whammy of menthol goodness!!:thumbup:

I "superlather" the Godrej Menthol Mist with Proraso shave soap. That, my friend, will make your face feel like Ice. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

+1 to this...I just bought the C.O. Bigelow proraso, and put it in rotation today...WOW! I've been a soap guy for some time...and this was my first cream as a wet-shaver...definitely earned a spot on the essentials list for me!

Incorporate the the prorasso pre/post and the coolness and protection is magnified by a 1000

Big +1 to this. I rub in the pre/post (either the green or the white tub - I like both) right at the end of my shower and let it soak in while I dry off and move over to the sink to start the shave. It seems to make a big difference in the comfort and closeness of the shave.

I like my tube of Bigelow/Proraso cream too, but I probably won't get it again after this tube is gone. There are too many great creams and soaps out there with no SLS/sulfate content. Although I can't say I've noticed any irritation after using the Bigelow cream specifically, I definitely have sulfate sensitive skin. I've phased it out of all my personal care item choices.

Even better get you a tub of noxema face cleaning cream ( almost the same as proraso pre), while your at walmart picking that up get you a vdh soap puck. when you get home, melt down the vdh and add some noxema cream to it and stir it together. Let i become solid, then use the noxema by itself , to clean your face and soften the hair, then you take the noxema vdh and get you a teaspoon of it and add a almond size amount of proraso shaving cream, and that will be one of the best creamy minty shaves of your life. seriously try it.
And if you want a stronger and freshening smelling soap, when you melt down the soap you can add 3 drops of tea tree oil also at walmart, it blends well with noxema, just trust me on that one its unexplainable. i uploaded a pic of the noxema and tea tree oil, i think the noxema label may have been updated but the container is still blue.

Last edited:
Marco, my mothers family came over here three generations ago, and I have to say, I have always been partial to the Italian Shaving products. I completely agree with you.:thumbup1:

Even better get you a tub of noxema face cleaning cream ( almost the same as proraso pre), while your at walmart picking that up get you a vdh soap puck. when you get home, melt down the vdh and add some noxema cream to it and stir it together. Let i become solid, then use the noxema by itself , to clean your face and soften the hair, then you take the noxema vdh and get you a teaspoon of it and add a almond size amount of proraso shaving cream , and that will be one of the best creamy minty shaves of your life. seriously try it.
And if you want a stronger and freshening smelling soap, when you melt down the soap you can add 3 drops of tea tree oil also at walmart, it blends well with noxema, just trust me on that one its unexplainable. i uploaded a pic of the noxema and tea tree oil, i think the noxema label may have been updated but the container is still blue.

Uh, that sounds like a TON of shaving cream. Are you serious about the tsp. measurement + a normal almond size portion of Proraso? That must cost a fortune to do regularly...!

Uh, that sounds like a TON of shaving cream. Are you serious about the tsp. measurement + a normal almond size portion of Proraso? That must cost a fortune to do regularly...!

No i messed up big time with that measurement. More like 1/4 a teaspoon a teaspoon is a crap load of soap.Or a few second swirls over the soap + the almond size amount of proraso... there that sounds a ton better.

Last edited:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Marco, my mothers family came over here three generations ago, and I have to say, I have always been partial to the Italian Shaving products. I completely agree with you.:thumbup1:

Thank you Phil!
By the way, I am 100% Italian, but lived four years in the United States.
So, as there is certainly Italian blood in you, maybe there is something of American in me, too...

[ My face is still feeling smooth and my complexion actually looks brighter...I LOOK younger! :thumbup1:

I need to switch to everyday use for the "I look younger" look! :sneaky2:

Top Bottom