What's new

Chagrin Valley

S

Sam

Thanks to a posting of a shampoo bar, I went to this site and got me a Nettle bar for shampoo, calendula for the body, and goatsmilk oatmeal for body and calendula body salve.

Want to help with psoriasis, itching and scaling a bit. Hope the salve works. This site seems good and shipping was fair and the prices fair as well. If the soap works, Ill have some nice soaps (Valobra, etc) for sale

The Chagrin Valley folks are wonderful to deal with. Here's a thread I started on them about shampoo bars. Here's the one on their shaving soaps (which I am helping them to reformulate -- in a guinea pig way. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend their SS at this time.)

I've used a few of their shampoo bars (rosemary mint, nettle, garden herb) and been pleased with them all except that they do sting more than other shampoos if you get them in your eye.

To add to the list of other shampoo bar suppliers, "Rose of Sharon Acres" makes a few very nice ones with added goat's milk.

Last edited:
S

Sam

Yeah, a little bit of a sting tonight, but I tried the Neem and Tea Tree oil bar and it is the equal of, at least, Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Oil Shampoo. My hair is short and I have some issues with psoriasis, so I do not have as much scaling tonight. I am going to use this a month and see, but so far, for my short and thin hair, it seems clean, but it is not stripped squeaky clean. In other words, there appears to be some body to it. I am also not going to use a conditioner and see how that goes.

Sam

S

Sam

Update: The shampoo bar lathers great and really is working on my psoriasis, the tea tree one. Trying a calendula body bar and it does not lather profusely, and the psoriasis there is not affected or made better. Will definitely reorder shampoo bars and this one looks like it will last four months or so of everyday use.

Top Bottom