What's new

Pinaud Clubman Hair Styling Gel

I pick it up at the local Sally store, and it works well for me. I just picked up Old Spice Spiffy pomade that is water based. I will use it tomorrow and let you know how I like it.

This gel is so nice. Smells great, doesn't require a lot of product and the best part, it doesn't leave a ton of white residue as the day progresses.

After seeing this thread yesterday, I used some today.

I've used the green one several times and it's pretty good. I've seen it for $4-$5 at different stores and for 16 oz that's a good deal.

Another gel I use (KMS) is $10 for like 6 oz so the clubman is a great deal.

Up until Marco's thread i used it daily, now I have tried Prospectors Gold Rush and picked up a tin of Murray's to try an oil based pomade. But the clubman is a staple in my "new" rotation

I have the Pinaued Clubman Hair Styling Gel and use it when I fell like an "All-Clubman" morning. (I wish they had a deodorant!) It has just the right amount of hold for me. Nice scent if you a a member of the Club!

They do make a deodorant. I've been using it for months, because I'm allergic to the aluminum stuff. You can get it at Clubman Online, and probably other sites as well.

Pinaud Clubman Gel was the first gel I ever used.

I got a haircut at the famous Astor Place haircutters in the East Village in 1983, which was (at the time) the only place a suburban 13-year-old could get a true New Wave haircut (from a 50-year-old Italian barber).

You chose your cut from a Polaroid out front and asked for it by number. These were haircuts that your local barber could not or would not execute. Of course the spiky cuts required a lot of hair gel, and Astor Place used Clubman. I tried to find it after that and never could.

That formed my lasting impression of the Clubman brand... an old-man barbershop product that somehow was a magic potion that made you cool.

Bought some today at SALLY'S. I have never been one to use hair products. Earlier this week I got a hair cut with a slight change in style. So on advice from the girl doing the cutting I used some styling cream. I bought a sample size of American Crew. Not pleased with the texture though. So after checking a lot of threads here yesterday, I bought Clubman Gel this morning . After showering and shampooing hair I used just a dab of it. Hold seems good and doesn't give my hair the waxy feel that I got from the Crew cream. Plus I like the Clubman scent.

After my shower I towel dry my hair, add some Pinaud Clubman hair tonic, add a little Clubman yellow gel and work it through my hair, comb and go.

I have the Pinaued Clubman Hair Styling Gel and use it when I fell like an "All-Clubman" morning. (I wish they had a deodorant!) It has just the right amount of hold for me. Nice scent if you a a member of the Club!
They do. Smells so good. It is a pump spray deoderant. Did not last me through the day though. Great for over top of another deoderant for the formidable clubman scent.

They do. Smells so good. It is a pump spray deoderant. Did not last me through the day though. Great for over top of another deoderant for the formidable clubman scent.
That's what I do as well. I use unscented Speed Stick anti perspirant/deodorant then spray the Clubman Deodorant on last.

Top Bottom