What's new

French cuff shirt with jeans?

What do you guys think of a wearing a french cuff shirt with jeans? I saw a buddy of mine do it and it looked OK, but he's the only one I've ever seen do it.

I would not suggest it. Maybe a french cuff shirt without links and the sleeves rolled up. Just iron a dress shirt in your queue if you wish to go out with a dress shirt.

I wear a shirt every day of my life and all of my shirts have french cuffs. They work great with jeans, no problem at all. But don't go wearing sneakers on your feet. To pull the look off you need a nice smart pair of shoes; oxfords, brogues (I think brogues are called wingtips across the pond but correct me if I am wrong), you know the kind of thing.

I like to wear tattersall shirts with jeans but traditionally tattersall shirts don't have french cuffs, just button cuffs. But I had my shirtmaker make some with french cuffs especially for me. :001_cool:

Wear your french cuffs with pride. They dress up a pair of jeans. :thumbup:

It's a young/stylish look, so you have to be sure you can pull it off with confidence.
Works better with fashionable jeans (sorry, 501's, this is not for you) and a more casual shirt (ie, probably not a shirt you would wear to work with a tie.)

It's a young/stylish look, so you have to be sure you can pull it off with confidence.
Works better with fashionable jeans (sorry, 501's, this is not for you) and a more casual shirt (ie, probably not a shirt you would wear to work with a tie.)

Yep. It only works with young hipsters. I would look goofy if I tried it.

I think it works. I have a very casual Brooks Brothers shirt with french cuffs that I think only looks good with jeans or khakis. It is not "dressy" enough for anything more and wouldn't look right.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
A hard look to pull off. Imho you'd need a stylishly slim shirt, realy fashionable dark-wash jeans, and high-end dress shoes.

A guy with inate style coming out the ying-yang could probably pull it off, but if you have to ask your badger buddies ... :001_rolle

Yep. It only works with young hipsters. I would look goofy if I tried it.

New custom title pending ...

I have a couple french cuff shirts that are by no means dress shirts. They look fine with jeans and decent shoes.

I've worn them without cuff links, untucked, and with boots. It depends on the personality. Regarding sneakers, I've worn certain shirts (like my navy one with little butterfly critters) with chucks.

Perhaps it's my age, but I think it is an incongruous look, much like wearing running shoes with a suit. It certainly wouldn't be acceptable in a business meeting.

......perhaps if your young and trying for a certain affectation on a weekend night clubbing...... hard to say...... if you are young enough..... well, maybe.....

Perhaps it's my age, but I think it is an incongruous look, much like wearing running shoes with a suit. It certainly wouldn't be acceptable in a business meeting.

......perhaps if your young and trying for a certain affectation on a weekend night clubbing...... hard to say...... if you are young enough..... well, maybe.....

You're right; it's your age.:biggrin1:

"A guy with inate style coming out the ying-yang could probably pull it off, but if you have to ask your badger buddies ... "

+1 :lol::lol::lol:

Top Bottom