What's new

Shea Moisture Shave

I was in Wal-Mart last night and saw a tub of shave cream. It was Shea Moisture Shave. I picked it up and read the box. It says to apply lather with brush. I think, okay...we're onto something here.

I brought it home, started to lather and nothing. Nothing at all. The fine print on the jar itself (not outer box) says not to expect a lot of foam due to it not being chock full of detergents and blah blah. Okay, well...when I looked at the box it later said that too. Well, great.

Well, I put some on my skin. Feels nice and slick.

Ehhh...wonder how it'll be as a pre-shave? (Test coming)

I added some to the bowl then added a squirt from the tube of Derby. Wow. Amazingly slick and smooth lather. Very, very nice. It was a mere $7 or so for a 6 oz (177 mL) tub. It was smoother than adding glycerin.

I picked up a tub of this last week. I also overlooked the "don't expect a lot of lather" statement. I found the review for it here after I brought it home. I haven't used it yet. After reading the reviews I decided to use it as a pre-shave or maybe mix it with another cream.

Maybe tomorrow I will pull it out of the cabinet and give it a go.

This got some mention in the brush thread, the "shave cream" is useless as a shave cream. You can use it a preshave, or add a little bit to your lather, but by itself or as a main ingredient, it's terrible.

Top Bottom